Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Looking for custom game music?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 02:08 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 02:13
Disclaimer @ mods
First out, yes, I know this shouldn't really be here, but only musicians seem to lurk about the music & sfx forum, so there's little rason posting this there (since they will most likely write their own soundtracks).
Furthermore, this is posted in the WIP section mainly because that's where one would find the group that this offer reaches out to - people who have a rigid game idea and has every intention of finishing it, in need of a custom-made soundtrack.
End of disclaimer

I'm a hobby musician and composer who has found himself having less to do than expected this season.
Therefore, I was thinking that it would be interresting to participate in a serious game project as a composer.
My main interrest would be to write a "melodic" set of background tracks, probably with some shared themes that would reappear throughout the st (I feel that one would get into the tracks much better by writing several tracks, rather than single "fit-for-all-purposes" ones - the songs naturally fit better when custom-made too). With that statement clear, I am probably not your chap for shooter-type gamemusic. (I myself would reccomend my "services" for an RPG or adventure-typed game).

I am mostly experienced with writing orchestral pieces allthough it would be a nice challenge to try some other genres too.

Here are two example scores that has passed by most people unnoticed in the music forum:
Intro Formosa
Pure Heart

So, if you have a ongoing project and feel that this would suit you, feel free to drop me a line

Notice that I will (of course) only accept to work on serious projects

Regards,
Rudolpho.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 02:13
Very interesting. Nice music, I might check you out when i have done some progress on my game.

Kul att se lite fler svenska personer här! Känner mig inte så ensam längre!

- Elias, Damezean, Nackidno, Wonderboy

AntocGames - http://antocgames.se.nu/
wind27382
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that this should be in game design and theory board but that as some good music. Hopefully you'll still be around by the time I start to make progress on my game.

wind
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 13:17 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 13:18
Thanks for the comments.
We'll see how this turns out; I'm beginning my university studies this fall, so hopefully I won't be as tied up as I was in high school.
There's still a bit over two months until then though.

@nakidno: Haha, det finns (eller fanns åtminstone) faktiskt en del svenskar här - tror att jag sett 5 inklusive dig.
Sett den här tråden?

ozmoz
Years of Service
User Offline
This music is going dips in my dream .
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 18:13
Your music is top quality!

Only problem is it's not the style I am looking for.
Do you do ambient horror? (or whatever the genre is called).

Anyway,
It is still too early for my project to begin thinking about music
I still haven't finished the played movement module, haha!

ps:
Tänk att så många svenskar postar i samma tråd helt tillfälligt..

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 18:51 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 18:58
Quote: "Känner mig inte så ensam längre!"

Hejsan svejsan!

Trevlig musik, Rudolpho!
Nice music, Rudolpho!

However, I'm not in need for music right now. I may need some music for soulhunter later, but I'll contact you then.

Edit: Note to Daz. This doesn't mean that I'm going to replace your music. Your music stays, no worries.

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 19:52
Wow this music is great, I am very interested at the moment about trying to produce a metal/orchestral hybrid piece. But I wasn't sure where to get the orchestral part from.

My project is no-where near this sort of stage yet, but I will watch this with an interest.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 00:21 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 00:27
Thank you for your appreciation

@Lukas W: That depens, as I said, I prefer working with melodical scores rather than making eerie sounds. I guess I could give it a try though, but then it would probably turn out a bit more musical than the standard horror soundtracks

Oh yeah, that reminds me... I did post an entry in a horror music competition around here some years ago... I'll see if I can dig it up.
Edit: Ah, here it was.
It didn't sound very horror-like though...
Also, it was made about two years ago using ModPlug tracker, hence the rather poor quality.

@zzz: Sure, feel free to contact me if the time comes

@The Wilderbeast: Most samples used in these two tracks are from the Vienna Symphonic Library, in case you wondered.

Det var sjutton så mycket svenskar det dök upp här
Du gamla, du fria...

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 01:25 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 01:27
I was impressed by the demos, and must admit its a shame the Music/SFX forums aren't used as much as they should be. Luckily its a good hangout for music-minded folks. In any case, if you could drop me an e-mail, a game company I know might need some music for a game. We're talking a completed and released game here that is being sold commercially, which might make it a good addition to your portfolio. What we're looking for is 3 to 6 loopable ambient tracks that range between 1 - 2 minutes, preferably in WAV format, mostly ambient music that range from soothing and ethereal to threatening and hurrying. The e-mail button is at the bottom of my post, we can discuss some details through mail if you like. If you'd like to have any compensation for your work, please mail me information on your fees or conditions as well. The game is a freeform space-based RPG, and we require semi-orchestral background music. It sounds like you're the perfect fit for this.

Game company site: Starwraith 3D Games
The game: Evochron Renegades

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 13:04
Interesting offer, I would like to know if you have any price ranges, and how you work with them. Since I could use some new tracks for my game engine... Which currently uses Final Fantasy tunes.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Source and Non Source versions available!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 00:08
Thank you

@the_rami: I've sent you an e-mail.

@Prince of Darkness: I suppose that depends on what kind of music you are after (some "Goodnight-music" for an RPG will most likely be easier written than the main theme of the same game).
Also, if it is likely that the song will not be possible to sell to others (either if you as the purchaser so wishes, or if it just is too tight a fit for a very specific scenario), the price will likely be higher, as it is 100% custom made for the buyer only.
What did you have in mind?

Also, please note that I won't sell the rights to any of my compositions (so you, as the client can't sell on only the soundtrack which would purely be my creation - that's only fair in my ears), but rather the right to use it in your project.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 02:18
I feel special because I have my OWN music producers.

Too bad they weren't around when The Fluffum War was in progress, that music was terrible! (it was by me. )

@Rudolpho
Geek culture would be okay to post this, but oh well. Good luck!

Favorite Quote: Dramatized code? Code Drama!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 07:54
Quote: "@Prince of Darkness: I suppose that depends on what kind of music you are after (some "Goodnight-music" for an RPG will most likely be easier written than the main theme of the same game).
Also, if it is likely that the song will not be possible to sell to others (either if you as the purchaser so wishes, or if it just is too tight a fit for a very specific scenario), the price will likely be higher, as it is 100% custom made for the buyer only.
What did you have in mind?

Also, please note that I won't sell the rights to any of my compositions (so you, as the client can't sell on only the soundtrack which would purely be my creation - that's only fair in my ears), but rather the right to use it in your project."

Mine are supposed to go and some with my Engine(Link), when I finish the .mp3/.wav support. So just a few small basic ones like :

-Forest
-Village
-City
-Mountains
-Plains
-Desert
-Cave
-Dungeon

And It would help to specificly OWN the lisence to the music, since it will be sold with the engine, And I doubt you'll allow that

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Source and Non Source versions available!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 13:02
Well, just to clarify this: I put a lot of effort into my songs. More than seldom I might find that I've written a passage that would also fit in another one of my songs. Now, if I should have sold my rights to the song, the purchaser can decline me to do so.
Also, the purchaser can do whatever he pleases with my work, ie. seeling it in it's raw form, or even pretend that he himself composed it (therein denying my authorship) and I basically can't do anything about that. I would also have to ask permission to perform my own work and so on, and that I find unacceptable.
Therefore, I will not sell the rights to any of my compositions.

@Prince of Darkness: I could allow that, as long as you restrict the users license to only use the music in creations by your program. However, that sounds like "fit-for-all-purposes" tracks... I guess I could give it a try sometime though, if you could specify what you need a bit further.

It should however be noted that I've founded a band for which I am currently writing a song, as well as that I'm working on my own projects soundtrack for the time being again, so I don't have infinite time any longer..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:24