Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with breakout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 09:42 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 09:46
Ok, I posted this in here because technically I am still a noob. Well IDK what is wrong with the code, it was working then I threw in some more code to skip blocks that have a "0" put in their spot (making an editor with it). What it does is takes me to the menu, I get to pick 0 players (I pick 0 until I finish it then I test the gameplay myself cause the computer can play faster then I can) and all it does is go to the blue sprite screen and uses a TON (not joking) of speed from my computer, where it should have played in about 5 secs or less I was waiting for 3 mins and still nothing. Here is the code...there is media required so if you need to download that it is attached.

Source:

Attached source and media if you need it to help me.

EDIT:Forgot to attach media...see what I mean?

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 17:01
Weird, it worked fine when I ran it in step-through mode, but not running normally. I did notice a few things though:

Here (in the Game_Variables subroutine):

You're being very redundant, setting variables with other variables and then setting those variables with the ones you just set . You should look at that.

Here (in the Level_Load subroutine):

What if the file doesn't exist?

Also, your setup subroutines run, then use about 3 return statements to get back to a "GOSUB Start_Game" statement. You should just put the GOSUB Start_Game when Place_Bricks is done.

Also, creating all those bitmaps and drawing on them every loop is going to be REALLY slow, especially the GET IMAGEs. You don't need to do all that. You can just straight-out text the info to the screen. I think that may help.

Los Mineros are back in progress!
Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 20:52 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 20:54
hmm the reason I set the variables to each other is because one is float and the other is integer...if you noticed I determine how the level is done by comparing the score divided by the amount of points possible in an integer and a float. If the integer and float are the same then it goes to the next level. If they aren't (the float would be higher) then it continues with the level...that is why I set the variables to each other.

EDIT:
The reason I do all that bitmapping and stuff is because thats the way I found out how to make text into sprites...if I just use the "Text" command it gets all blinky and it distracts the player from the ball.

http://www.runenerds.com - a RuneScape community that is growing. (New community)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:35:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:35:05