Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Camera won't rotate up/down

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 03:34
Hey all, I have an issue with my camera rotation. I can get the camera to rotate up or down ONLY if the object also rotates up or down. This is not what effect i want, and i don't think what anyone would want. Right now the camera will move left/right without flaw, and when trying to get it to look up or down, it'll be glitchy and move slightly up, but quickly return to being set looking at the player. Can anyone look at my code to see where this may be going wrong?...

I have been getting so confussed about this... thanks for any help...

www.myspace.com/9thorigin
www.soundclick.com/octoberscry
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 19:30
Just a guess, but, in:

try changing:
pitch camera up -3

into

xrotate camera wrapvalue(camera angle x() + 3)

...pitching up by -3 actually pitches down by 3.
It's also not advisable to mix any of {rotate camera, xrotate camera, yrotate camera, zrotate camera} with {turn camera left/right, pitch camera up/down, roll camera left/right}...

The second set of the listed camera rotation commands I believe will not update camera angle x() camera angle y{} or camera angle z(), whereas the first set will...
Dreamon Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 23:00
thanks, i removed the pitch camera command completely, although i don't know how to translate this into rotate camera commands

when this is removed it seems to run smoother, but it's not positioned properly...

www.myspace.com/9thorigin
www.soundclick.com/octoberscry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:23:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:23:41