Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Should I get X10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm relatively new here and have spent the last few days reading through the forums and I am sure I want to get FPSC.

I'm getting a new computer soon and it'll be able to run X10 but i've heard a lot of mixed things about it.

At the end of the summer I'm going to be moving to a 3rd world country for a year and I would have a lot of time to devote to making games and my own custom content but very little internet connection.

I have a few game ideas and quite a few rely on allies but I'm still wondering if X10 is the better move on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I realize this post might be hard to follow-I'm just kind of pouring out my thoughts.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 01:23
I'm not sure why you made this post. No one can decide but you. All of the info you need is in this forum. Read up, and make a decision.

If you're too scared to make a decision, then wait until the new demo version is released.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Seabass13
Years of Service
User Offline
I admit making this post was probably dumb but I had no idea about a demo.

Is there some information somewhere about it?
Thanks in advance.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:33
Get x10, then get the fpsc x9 free version, so you can have a little x9 and full x10

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:43
Quote: "I had no idea about a demo."

Read this page...

http://www.fpscreator.com/demo.html

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Seabass13
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your advice.

Sorry for wasting your time...
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 13:57
It's not really a waste of time, it's good that you share your thoughts so that we can either convince you to go for X10 or go with X9.

Personally, I like X9 better, because it's technically more polished. It's hard to explain, but the experience is much smoother. Less bugs. But, if you want allies, X10 is the better of the two so far. X9 will get allies eventually though.
Although X10 is slightly more buggy, it has more polished physics, a timer-based engine, a good AI-system, and overall prettier graphics. You can accomplish some very nice results with X10, and if you learn to avoid or get around some of the more common bugs, it's tons of fun to play with.

Your big has been erased by a signature because it was too mod.
Seabass13
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice.
I'm probably going to go with the X10 and hope the bugs will get better with time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:34:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:34:50