Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / model that i'm making

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 14:57
This is aiming towards 3000 polys, and is currently looking very nice i think.
I think this pic is about 800 polys

anyway questions/comments?
I don't have a sig, live with it.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
looks good to me, you maybe able take some polys off the breasts. somthing weird going on around the right shoulder. Theres a line going down the whole mesh but I asumme you didnt weld the 2 sides together in your excitement. Nice to see someone actually making a good human model for once. Try putting it through a poly reducer, theres a good one in lightwave I use alot. Really good start lets see the finished article

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 15:31
the shoulder thing is actually a layer of polys to make a seperate surface for her top, its not a mistake, but i see what you mean.
no i didn't weld it together, it would only mean me having to undo everything to carry on.
and i can half the polycount through polychop in 3DSMax, but i'll wait until i've finished the model.

thanks pathfinder

Manic

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
I mean the light poly under the armpit of the right shoulder

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 16:15
ah, thats not actually a polygon, its a hole for the arm when its done.

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
ah cool

Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 18:56
Does real bodys look like that or is it ment to look like she has going trough a plastic operation?

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 19:22
Sorry having a bad day but still worth thinking of. It looks real good.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:21
i'm not sure what it is... can't quite put my finger on it but there is something inherintly wrong with the model.

I'd work ALOT more on the brests, make the cloths noth to hug like that as it is unrealistic, the shoulders are wider than the hips (just doesn't happen make one smaller or the other bigger)

erm... yup that is probably all for now

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:22
"Does real bodys look like that or is it ment to look like she has going trough a plastic operation?"

eh? what do you mean?

Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:36
Meaning, I just fell sick when the game industie is showing off the female body as a sex object. Think about how many games there are were the female characters have real bodies and doesnt look like some sort of sex object.Just look at the Final Fantasy series how many times doesnt you see a corner of the panties sticking out from really tight hot pants. And Lara Croft is just a clear example of programmers and game creators sick fantasies.
Maybe its just me but I think its sick.

Nothing personal to you Manic.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:45
Well FF is Jap... kinda the society and TR is UK, again kinda the society

Think about it the games are marketed towards teens/young guys - what do they all like to see, lol

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:55
true, i agree, but if i made a more true to life model (although i do know a girl whos body's like this (except with arms and legs and a head)) then people would complain that its not nice enough to look at.

Its almost impossible to create a balance between realism and what people actually want to see - after all, if everyone was happy with reality, then computer games wouldn't exist.

a particular shame was the advertising campain for DOA2, a fantastic fighting game, the adverts focused on the charaters boobs.

Manic

Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 21:04
"Its almost impossible to create a balance between realism and what people actually want to see - after all, if everyone was happy with reality, then computer games wouldn't exist."

So true! Nothing to add. I think we agree in moral questions.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 02:59
not really... just less than perfect artists

althought obviously your not going to want to see some 600lbs woman wobble about as the main character, doesn't mean some games don't have them...
its upto what the artist makes, and what fits with the story - really if you want to bridge the balance and stop all of this then make a REAL woman, all i'm gonna say on the subject is check out JK2 - Earth&Beyond - Renegade!
all three games have realistic woman figures within them and there haven't been a single complaint

but then you have to also think about what the characters are to do... no point in making a scrawny guy if you give him a freakin' Vulcan Cannon as his main weapon

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 19:07
OK, a bit of an update, this one has limbs! As for what this characters going to be doing? erm just practice really, its be good for a fighting game i spose though.

Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 20:19
The legs are a bit to skinny. Other wise looking good

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 20:35
lol... In my point of view it's much more funny to play a game where the main caracter is a woman then a guy. The main reasons is that looks more challenging, like help a innocent woman to kick some bad guys asses. Where should be the funny in play with a guy looking like Conan, it's too strong next the enemies. ( notice I am ignoring all the sexy stuff ).
Now talking about the Sexy part. Most of the players are guys. I dunno about u, but I like to see girls. ( dont take me mad, u said about sexual objects and stuff ). Also, I believe u missed Final Fantasy VIII and Quistis (or whateever shes called).
Take Resident Evil for PSone for exemple. It's much more fun to play witht he girls, they are weaker and makes the game much more fun. Also, I should not like to help a guy and save him from Zombies...lol And, the few girls who plays games like this, takes Lara Croft ( exemplo, I know many girls like that ) as a heroin, a woman that could be her in there.

It's really though to have girls on games.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 20:37
Oh yeah, and ur model is looking really good, can u texture well too? I should love to see it textured

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 00:33
legs need a little more width...
and so does her whole profile (aside from the area i've noticed you seem to have consentrated on lol)
butt could do with alot of edge flipping

and bring her legs closer together at the crotch ...
possibly do something with the arms, also look a tad thin - or rather out of perspective

remember womens legs are the same size as thier body
never have got that qwirk because they always look longer!

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm somthing wrong with the hips/waist line? Think the angles are to harsh. Though in part it is due to legs being apart.

Have a peak at
http://www.next.co.uk/items/X30/prodshots/194/M25944X30w.jpg

also notice front stomac inc belly button does stick out a smidge
http://www.next.co.uk/items/X30/prodshots/194/M25113X30w.jpg

but top stuff so far , only way I get these things right is scanning from my anatomy books but the cost a fortune

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
oops somthing most odd with outside of feet, seem to turn inwards?

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 18:06
i thinki the feet are due to a trick of perspective, but i'll take a look. oh and isn't 1st photo from the childrens section of the next directory? ewwww!

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
nope

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 18:28
oh ok

Login to post a reply