Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bitmaps not loading again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK ive read almost every tutorial on the net at the moment concerning just how to load an image into dbpro and then paste it onto the screen, i read one tutorial here http://www.darkbasic.com/create/bm_tutorials/2dbasics/image.htm
but the tutorial does not tell you where to save the (bloke) image too and even when i saved it to almost every location within darkbasics folders, it still refused to load, and the images that came with dbpro will not load either, nor will music load or anything for that matter, and finally at the near end of that tutorial it gives an example for creating an image within darkbasic and saving it, i cant even get this to work, it just says "Runtime error 116-this command is now obselete at line 23" WHY ?WHY?Please someone lend a hand and help me load a simple 2d image onto the screen.Thankyou very much in advance.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 12:35
When you were trying to load an image, did you have a project created or were you just typing straight into the editor? If you were working without a project, there's your answer!

Create a new project, place a bitmap in the same folder, then load it.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 12:56
create a project
put the image in the project folder
load the image

it`s that easy, honest.

you must be using the DB classic tutorials cos save bitmap/image have been removed from pro, we are supposed to be getting some enhanced image save/load functions from what I can make out, if you want to save your images in a custom format then you can make a memblock from the bitmap and save it, then load it back and make bitmap from membloc, cheers.

Mentor.

zencreator03
Years of Service
User Offline
Thankyou guys alot, it was really simpler than i had thought, and yes i had been using dbc tutorials as i came to realise. Thankyou again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:40:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:40:42