Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making First Games, need Some Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 22:08
How would i make 2d games? like a maze? i got DB not DBP... a maze or mabey a shooting game? anyone help me? (note my name )
Halozane Future Owner.
JesterDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 22:29 Edited at: 12th Jul 2003 22:31
First read some of the posts already made where people are asking questions and getting answers. There are lots of posts from people asking how to do certain things in a game. Start off by trying to get a sprite move around the screen with the arrow keys for example. Then just build up from there. That's how I did it.

Dont worry about getting right the first time. That's what these forums are for; getting help. And Start off small, and work your way up. It'll all come to you as you practice more and more. And dont worry about creating a game first thing, just get the basics down.

And most of all make as many friends as you can. Don't be rude, or demanding (Not saying that you are. Just a general rule ) You'll find the people are more then willing to help if they know how to help you. So with that said, make sure you are descriptive when asking for help.

Sorry, I guess I started to ramble there.

Anyway, I hope this helped.

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 22:49
ok, i'll start makin simple things. I've been trying ta make more complicated games, they didn't work out.

Halozane Future Owner.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's another thing:

If you've never even so much as programmed before - don't go in and expect to make even the simplest of games. Just don't. You need to start out with programming a general, with the most basic of all programs - "Hello World!" (or something to that extent). That's what I started out with, and I built off it. You should do the same.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:21:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:21:42