Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The perfect mix....Grand Plans

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 01:40 Edited at: 13th Jul 2003 01:43
Just had a brainwave...I finally believe I have figured out how the perfect game can be made. The key is mix all genres together. Firstly, it will be multiplayer(eventually all games will be). OK now for the mix:
RTS:It will be rts because a player will be elected as a leader, and he will set orders for his troops.However, it doesn't mean u need to be leader to have a taste of rts-it all depends on your rank...you can always give orders to soldiers with lower rank than you.
Action:However, each of the troops will be another human player(online), which turns it into an action game as they will be able to either view (and order) lots of troops at once in the rts respective, but he will also be able to zoom in and take control of his own character, just like in an action game. The fact that all players will be human means that there will be great variety in the way orders set by higher-rank people are accomplished-the pc AI would simply charge in the enemy base...
Driving(planes cars or anything):While in the action view, you will be able to turn the game into a racing game as driving any kind of vehichle will be as realistic and skill-requiring as need for speed or filght simulator...
RPG:You will be able to gain experience via completing orders, and rise in your rank. Even though at the beginning a leader is elected, he can be replaced if another player gathers more experience than him after a certain amount of time. Skills will also play a role as one might have such a good sneak skill that he can slip into enemy bases and listen to their plans...but he wouldn't do that unless he was ordered to...
Additional info:If a soldier disobeys orders but the result is positive, the leader/someone of higher rank will still be able to award him with some experience points. The person who set an order to a soldier will not know if the order wasn't completed or not until the soldier himself comes to report. An idea would be to let people speak(with microphones) instead of type, which would make it so real you would have like rumors that some soldier died going around in the camp...Soldiers should be able to change sides, at a great cost of experience, as they have to start again from the lower ranks and will be a bit unwelcome by the other side in the beginning.OK well my brain has run out of things to say...much more later I hope!

-john D.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 01:43
Wow, that sounds pretty interesting, I think there's a game called "Savage" that's pretty similar to this.(well, sorta)

Yea, that would be a pretty cool idea for a game.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 01:45
Yes there are games companies that have begun this 'genre-merging' revolution, but still haven't combined all of the genres...

-john D.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 01:57
Yea, Savege was like a RTS,FPS, which was one of the first of it's kind.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 03:12
People have been merging games since they began. It happened on pencil and paper long before home computers came around. It's not a revolution; you can mix all, but it is always at the cost of detail and attention to the single aspects, hence the continued success of games that stricly focus on one genre (The ID/Unreal war, for example).

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 03:16
Don't know I believe that

-john D.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 06:20
What part don't you believe? I'll snatch you proof in any aspect if you detail your position.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Indeed. Real games have their own genres. I have found the funnest / the games I go back to are the most original ones that never have been created. For example, one of the ones i'm currently hooked on is called "Icy Towers". You are a character in a tower, that is made of ice. You slide around and then can jump up the floors, which never end (randomly generated). The higher you get, the more points you get, and the faster you go / more floors you jump in one shot the more extra points you get. The game is great fun and all...and I haven't found anything like it.

Those are the games that realy kick it. I'm currently desging a plan document for future games of mine, made from..er..sorry, can't tell or else the hole market would go beserk (because it would be so easy to get new game ideas from it lol)...

~Morph/Kanzure
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 06:32
Hmmm, sounds rather ambitious. Space Sims seem to have a lesser, but noticeable mix of two genres:

1. Action - you carry big guns, they blow stuff up when you pull the trigger.

2. RTS - You can order your wingmen to do the same thing at selected targets.

Perhaps there should be a future space sim with a bit more of the RTS side.

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 16:28
I'm planning to do once, when I'm good enough, to do a space sim. Where you see everything from a 1st person perspective, but you can give orders to other ships and build some 'buildings'.

Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ 256 MB Ram Geforce 4 TI 4200 128 MB
Visit my site: www.cuso.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 04:48:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 04:48:33