Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Custom Gun import?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 13:28
I have been trying without success to get some of my guns into FpscX10 and I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of requirements for X10 ready weapons?
Thanks.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 10:57
I've been trying to get an answer on this myself, and from searching haven't found any real help
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 03:45
Bump

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 11:40
I wrote to the maker of weapon creator to see if it works with x10. If people are moving their weapon packs from x9 to x10 this should work right? I don't know. When I hear from him I will post.

Here's the link:

http://wc.out-lawz.com/

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
If the Weapon Creator works for X10, I swear I'll buy it...Where's the creator of the Weapon Creator?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 00:42
No posts in the forum or blog this year.
Doesn't look hopeful.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 13:44
I don't think WC works with X10. To import the guns into X10, you need:

D texture, must be specified as the D texture in the gunspec folder
.x model file, must be the same as the folder name
gunspec.fpe script file
Possibly a N and S file for shader technique, this will help X10 alot
Animation list at the bottom of the gunspec.fpe file

Quote: "If people are moving their weapon packs from x9 to x10 this should work right?"

I wouldn't think so. If you can move X10 files to the X9 folder, then there may be a way to add model packs to X10, but I've tried it with MP10&9, but no luck, just an error about illegal mesh. Model Packs 12 onwards (the scenery) work perfectly with X10. Model Pack 15 I have currently made N and S textures for if anyone is wanting them.

Spore account - harryc51
"Put a mouth on and the half-formed creature will cough like a newborn, put legs on and it'll give them a stretch." - PCZONE - Spore Creature Creator
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 02:31 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 02:38
first company have you actually put a custom weapon into x10? I have done all these steps although I'm not sure about the gunspec file. Also you left out quite a few steps.

If you look at my thread offering money for custom gun/character support it shows in detail with pictures the steps I've gone through to get a gun in the game.

I have it almost figured it out, only thing left is the gun showing up when I have it in my hand, nothing shows up but it does somehow shoot.

I would love to see a real tutorial on this for x10 but it just doesn't exist
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 20:34
Here is the official response from codemaster:

"Good question. It's never been officially tested as such, but several of my customers use FPSCx10 and they've never reported any problems with it.

So it should work, and if not I can offer you a refund.
I'm going to be going out of town in the next couple of days, just a heads up."

I will try it out whe my copy of fpsc x10 gets here in the mail and let you know.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 22:07
yay!
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 09:07 Edited at: 11th Aug 2008 09:11
Why doesn't someone do this:
Open one of the original fpsc guns in milkshape.

Utilizing the "MERGE" option, merge your new gun model with the fpsc one.

Once you have your gun rotated and in the same position as the fpsc one, delete the fpsc one.

You can then animate it or use the fpsc one's animations, and don't forget to add the bones for the firespots

Then export it and duplicate a folder of the gun that you used as a template.

Delete the gun model in the duplicate folder and put your gun model in. Make sure you use the same name for the file as the file you deleted. You may rename it right there, no need to re-export.

Change out the textures in the folder with your textures

Re-name the folder to the name of your gun

And you are done.

***BONUS***
If you were smart, and used the default gun's animations, there is no need to edit the animations at the base of the gunspec. However, if you did, go back in milkshape and get the appropriate frames. Need to know what animation numbers are what? Open back up the default gun in milkshape (save yours first) and let the animation loop. Watch the frame numbers and read the default gun's gunspec, and read through to figure out which frames correspond to what. Then you need to change those frame numbers to the right ones and you are good to go.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 15:07
Quote: "first company have you actually put a custom weapon into x10? I "

Yes. I had to re-route the whole files and edit the gun spec completely for th JSCS Breecher in MP10.

Spore account - harryc51
"Put a mouth on and the half-formed creature will cough like a newborn, put legs on and it'll give them a stretch." - PCZONE - Spore Creature Creator
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 23:59
dennis did you ever get a chance to try weapon creator?
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 20:53
Urlforce I have got a blaster model to go into milkshape (latest version) but it doesn't load the animations, how do you get them to load from the model?
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 19:53
Sorry, I haven't tried yet, I will be able to afford to get it in about a week.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 01:51
bump would really like some help with merging fpsc x10 weapons and milkshape.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 02:23
Who is bump?

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 03:10 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 03:12
I was bumping the thread
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 21:12
I can get guns into X10, they come out all messed up though, the gun is out of the hand and looks very odd. I hope someone from tgc can help us out.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 01:11
Don't hold your breath!

Now to be more constructive. This thread really represents a plea to those who've had success. Please share with the community!!

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 17:33
I have purchased weapon creator, I'm waiting for it to be sent, whether I will have any better results remains to be seen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:52:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:52:27