Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic on windows vista?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, I followed the installation thread in the Dark Basic Professional link in the section.

But heres my problem, every time I try to execute a program it says cannot create and shows me the C path....I don't know whats wrong. I am just using the 30 day Trial for now but it should let me make executable programs on the trial right?

Anyways is this a problem with Vista? I tried changing the compatability so that it runs as if its running on XP. Then when I try to execute the file it just shows a Dark Basic logo icon and still doesn't let me run the file.

Also, if I click Debug it says "directX not installed" but I DID install it.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
im using vista and ive never had problems to do with vista..
maby you need a better graphics card that supports a higher directx????

Creators of Outscape
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
have you tried
-> right click on shortcut
-> properties
-> security (or browse through others)
-> Admin rights
-> tick admin rights
-> Apply
-> OK
-> run DBpro

Creators of Outscape
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 19:22
You need to install the latest version of Direct X 9.0c from www.microsoft.com/directx the latest release at the moment is June 2008 I beleive. The most likely reason for your error is that you have an older version of Direct X 9.0c installed on your system.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:53
Quote: "You need to install the latest version of Direct X 9.0c from www.microsoft.com/directx"

Did you even go there before posting? It is redirected to
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10.aspx
and i didnt find any DX9.0c there, instead i googled it
downloaded from first result and it works

Orex
Years of Service
User Offline
I did install DirectX 9.0c. And it still gave me problems. It is now telling me the compiler is incampatible. And my videocard is pretty good. I am on a Dell XPS M1730 laptop.

I did go to the Compatibility vista thread, I uninstalled Dark Basic and reinstalled it following those directions, AND dled DirectX 9.0c.

Don't know what is causing these problems. I also did try the administrator thing.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
It could be a UAC problem, so try disabling that. Also, there are many versions of DX9.0c, so make sure that the one you have is the latest.

A quick search for the latest drivers for your graphics card wouldn't go astray either.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:35:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:35:31