Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / need help rotating my cube - I have tried this before asking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have read the forums and tried many times to rotate my cube but with no success.

Can you please show me how to implement this into my existing code so I can finally learn the concept of 3D rotation. I would greatly appreciate it!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 09:25
Starting with the obvious one...you have no code in there to rotate the cube. You are moving it (POSITION OBJECT) but not rotating it (ROTATE OBJECT). Rotate on the Y axis, and it will spin on it's base.

fhtughryf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your input BatVink! Actually I know I left collision code out because I was so frustrated. So I deleted that part and was hoping somebody could give me a an idea what I could do.

This is my second day playing with this stuff and I finally solved
the problem only took me 15 hours. Basically it was trial and error for me just playing with stuff and I finally nailed it.

So I will be puting this in the code section for others to enjoy because it works flawlesly! Phew!

New code with collision detection which was hell trying to code!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:31:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:31:23