Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic PRO vs Dark GDK vs Microsoft XNA

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 20:24
Hello all,

I am not much good at any of them. I just want to hear your opinion about them. Which one is good? and why?

Thanks
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 22:35 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 23:19
I think they're all good for different things, it just depends what you're doing. Dark Basic Pro is good if you want to make a game fast without having to learn C++ and DirectX. I'm busy learning C++ now so I'm using DarkGDK. It's good if you already know DBPro because all the functions are the same. Also with DarkGDK you can take advantage of the MS Visual C++ compiler which gives you object oriented programming, faster code, faster compiliation, better debugging, a lot of things actually. I think Dark Basic Pro is still better for small projects, though.

I don't know much about XNA, but if you want to develop for the xbox 360 that's the way to go.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - mediafire image wasn't found
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 11:53
XNA is the xBox Language i think, if it is what im thinking about, then it has a limited programme size in order to stop anyone making full games for the xBox without a descent demo and permission from microsoft.

This was what it was like when it was origionally released, but if not checked to see if they have changed this at all.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:24:29