Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AlanC's Model Pack 13 Review

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 06:42 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 07:51
**SCROLL DOWN 4 POSTS TO FIND OUT HOW TO BRIGHTEN TEXTURES

Name: Model Pack 13
By: Arteria3D
Includes: 13 Medevil themed buildings
Tested: FPS Creator V1.11 V8 (The Newest Verson)

Thanks for reading my review on FPS Creator Model Pack 13. The point of this review is to tell you, or I should say, warn you about model pack 13. From the start of it, I was getting problems, and they only got worse. If you remember the thread model pack 13 rant by Chird, everything was correct.

Quality

Horrible. Just plain awful. The most noticable thing you will notice about this pack is that all the textures are missing. Well they are in fact not missing. Those are the actual texturs, they are just very, very dark.

Can you see the textures? I can, when I put my face up to the screen.

The pack comes with 7 of these very dark buildings. But there is one thing I cannot figure out. How did they look so good in the preview image at fpscreator.com? They looked fantastic, which made me rather angry, and disappointed in The Game Creators.

This proves that what you see, is not always what you get.

**See those entities, segments, and the skybox in the picture? They DO NOT come with the pack.

Loading Time

Horrible. I placed three of these buildings in a level with 4 lights and a few segments. It took over 4 minutes to load the level. Which by that time, the player would have given up on the game.

Lag

Suprisingly, there was very little lag. When the level finally loaded, I got very little lag in my level. My FPS when from 38 to 35 looking at the 3 very large buildings. Thats one of the only good things about this pack.

Lighting

I tried placing 24 lights around one building in my level and it still looked the same as if there was only one light. Lights cannot help the looks of the buildings.

Outside of FPSC

If you are using another program like Realm Crafter, you might actualy find these models very useful. But you would have to work on the textures in able to have them be useful. Which gose for FPS Creator aswell.

Final Rating:
2/10: Horrible

Pros:
+If you want to give TGC your money and get basicly nothing in return, you should get this.
+Might be useful if you update the textures.
+Might be useful if used outside of FPS Creator

Cons:
- Horrible Textures
- Extremly bad quality
- Very Bad Loading Times
- You'll feel "ripped off"

This pack is just plain bad. I am very angry with TGC. This pack proves that TGC might just want your money. Do NOT get this pack.

TGC, how could you do this?

A note to Arteria3D and TGC,

**If anybody can find out how to make these textures better, please contact me.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:15
well i dont have the pack, and i bet its illegal but if you sent me the textures i could brighten em up, all you need to do is edit the hue and contrast, i could do it in about 20 seconds, but like i said, its prolly illegal.

You'll Know When You See It.

Signature made by me.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:29
Bloodeath 6 6 6 has the right idea. Change the Brightness and Contrast if the texture is to dark.

LoL! Are you out of your mind? "If you want this review removed, send $100 to my paypal account" Nobody is going to pay you anything when they can just delete it. But they don't really have to. It seems that you read about someone ranting about this Pack yet you still bought it?!?

They have nothing to worry about.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:34 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 07:35
Quote: "Change the Brightness and Contrast if the texture is to dark."

Alrighty, and how do I do that? This review is based off what you get in the download without editing it. Its also for a newbie who has no idea how to change the textures.

Quote: "LoL! Are you out of your mind? "If you want this review removed, send $100 to my paypal account" Nobody is going to pay you anything when they can just delete it."

Arteria3D can't.

Quote: "It seems that you read about someone ranting about this Pack yet you still bought it?!?"

I wanted to see it for myself, and post a review to everybody about this, or if you have been around enough, a reminder.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:45 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 07:47
In Gimp it's in a tab called Color. Then select Brightness-Contrast. Keeping the 2 bars about even makes it brighter.

True.

That's to bad that you had to spend money to make a point.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:51
Quote: "In Gimp it's in a tab called Color. Then select Brightness-Contrast. Keeping the 2 bars about even makes it brighter."

Thanks.

Quote: "That's to bad that you had to spend money to make a point."

Feel like helping me out?

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:55 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 07:56
lol sorry I don't like to waste money.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 08:01
Quote: "lol sorry I don't like to waste money."

I spent my money and time for you guys.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 08:25
I was going to buy a membership to arteria but he hasnt emailed me back, iv had his pack and have had no problems except the buildings are to dark but it can be fixed

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 11:25
Quote: "If you want this review removed, send $100 to my paypal account:"

That's pretty funny Alan ... Although I expect if they want it removed they'll just delete it...

[center]
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 11:43
I was about to buy this pack! Thanks AlanC!

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 15:06
lol, is this how easy it is for someone to bring down a company? I might go on the Microsoft forums and say vista's crap. No-one will touch it again!

If it feels good, it's a sin.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 15:19
I have the pack, and its actually pretty nice to use... I don't use them to get up close, and mainly in dark levels... but thats OK. its an OK-ish pack if you need some buildings for far away really.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Source and Non Source versions available!
++Will++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 16:24 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 16:25
Quote: "Cons:
- Horrible Textures
- Extremly bad quality
- Very Bad Loading Times
- You'll feel "ripped off""

Quote: "Horrible. Just plain awful. "

Great review, AlanC. We need more tough critics on the forums. Someone who isn't afraid to tell someone that pack really sucks in front of their face. Nicely put. I look forward to reading further reviews from you.

++Will++

++Will's++ Music Packs- FREE!!
Go to the Models and Media section!
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 07:00
Quote: "Great review, AlanC. We need more tough critics on the forums. Someone who isn't afraid to tell someone that pack really sucks in front of their face. Nicely put. I look forward to reading further reviews from you."

Thanks bro. I hope to write another soon.

Quote: "I was about to buy this pack! Thanks AlanC!"

No problem, thanks for reading.

Ok I downloaded Gimp, its a very useful tool. Wish I would have known about it years ago. Anyways I spend about 40 mins trying to make one building texture not as dark. I did the color and contrast option, increasing the image c&c by about 20 or 30. The model was still extremely dark. I kept doing that about 4 times, and there was never any improvements to the texture. After I kept making the texture more and more bright, it started turning gray in FPSC.

Anymore ideas, anybody?

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 08:06
Quote: "- You'll feel "ripped off""

I really hate that feeling. I go into a store buy something. 4 hours later im thinking wow... I spent my money on this worthless crap, I guess it wasn't as good as I thought.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 08:39 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 08:39
Quote: "
Ok I downloaded Gimp, its a very useful tool. Wish I would have known about it years ago. Anyways I spend about 40 mins trying to make one building texture not as dark. I did the color and contrast option, increasing the image c&c by about 20 or 30. The model was still extremely dark. I kept doing that about 4 times, and there was never any improvements to the texture. After I kept making the texture more and more bright, it started turning gray in FPSC.

Anymore ideas, anybody?"

yea delete the .bin and .dbos before you edit the texture? lol

or try making the buildings dynamic. maybe that will brighten em up?

You'll Know When You See It.

Signature made by me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:37:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:37:19