Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Introduction & Submission

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 09:07
Hi everyone!

I've been a user of RPG maker for a while now, my favourite being RPG Maker 2003, on account of it's similarity to old school final fantasy style battle systems. I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy and RPG games in general and with my complete lack of coding ability opted to use a limited 'dummies' game making program for some time. And it was very frustrating. I have recently discovered this forum and noted the prevalence of a developer's atmosphere. So here I am!

Skills? Well, I write music, not too bad at that, however my primary skill is storyline/script/scenewriting. I'm also an ideas man, much better at generating ideas than code unfortunately - I have heaps of ideas for scenes, genre fusion, items systems, battle events, etc. My coding skills are horrific however, and so my concepts have never yet come to fruition when working alone.

I would love one day to collaborate with designers on a game.

I'm always happy with my stories and ideas, often coming up with concepts of item systems, battle events and the like - however most of my ideas never came completely to fruition due to my lack of complete designing/coding knowledge beyond the basics. Sometimes I could get an idea going, but due to basing everything around switches (and on a rare occasion a variable or two) many of my concepts, (for instance I had set up a simple items fusion system - and to seperate the fusion items from regular items I made a customised item screen available at the push of a button, outside and seperate from the normal status screen - but it was, in effect, it's own map with a sprite for each owned fusion item) would be very slow and cumbersome.

As a result, much of my work never ended up as complete games, or would be simply annoying to play regardless of original concept or interesting storyline.

So I eventually got sick of that and left off the whole thing for a while.

I am back now to the RPG world however, and am offering myself as a writer, story designer, and concept/ideas creator - not as a game designer, artist, coding or anything like that.

I also dabble in music, however that's a bit hit and miss - mostly on account of anything worth listening to i write with real instruments rather than midi programs - i find midi programs time consuming and annoying - and with real instruments my microphones always cause a buzzing sound - really annoying and I'm not currently in the financial situation to buy better ones. I'm also apt at voice acting if anyone needs one of those. Like I said, my primary skill is writing - but I can offer other less honed skills if required.

So anyone who wants to give it a shot with me, whether starting a new game (I have almost innumerable plot ideas and a flair for creative writing) - or adding me to an existing project that perhaps may be lacking literary creative flair but has all the technical skills at hand - please be sure to contact me.

Feel free to email nippa77@hotmail.com

PS I prefer not to return to this post and find responses such as or similar to "write me an award winning novel and I'll credit you", or "coders have writing skills they don't need you" (i'm aware that coders may be able to write but I don't recall the last blockbusting game that was released with one individual performing all music, art, storyline, code, packaging etc) - basically what I'm trying to say is, I'm serious, I am good at what I do, and if there's typos in this post, seriously grow up typos happen.

Anyone who is actually genuinely interested in working with a writer with a view to developing a game with brilliant graphics, great gameplay and an engaging storyline, please feel free to contact me.

Again my email is nippa77@hotmail.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:24:56