Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Rigid Body Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have decided that, since TGC has released a trial of DarkPhysics for the Physics Competition that I would take advantage of that. I like GDK better because of C++ but I can work with BASIC. Now I am working on a nice Rigid Body feature demo that I hope to have done soon enough to enter another demo, I dont think I can do Uber demo because my computer doesn't support fluids and I couldn't convert my object to a .tet file for soft bodies. So I am making a real nice Rigid Body Demo. That was just my introduction.

Rigid bodies are the key point in any game with any kind of physical simulation. Some games fake rigid bodies but that is very limited. The most you can get is stopping or sliding when you hit an object. DarkPhysics has extensive support for rigid bodies. You can do all sorts of things that you see in the most modern Next-gen games. Rigid bodies are the basis of the entire game environment. For my demo I hope to go over every capability of rigid bodies in DarkPhysics.

So far I have only really covered basic static and dynamic rigid bodies and am almost complete with the material part of my demo. I hope to upgrade the visual look before submitting it.

Here are some nice little images.

Other than the rigid bodies falling down the stairs, it demonstrates the character controller interacting with the objects. That is all I have got so far. It is far from finished. But it looks pretty cool.

I also created some videos of it with hypercam but they are too big for youtube or the file uploader on the forum. I didn't want to decrease the quality of the video too far, it is already at 85% compression.

http://download207.mediafire.com/byciitvyrcvg/ymkzbqzyl44/Demo+Images.zip

I understand that my demo has far to go. So don't tell me i'll never finish or that it sucks. I would prefer constructive criticism with a compliment. This is my first real DarkBASIC project.
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops I put this in the wrong place. I didn't see the NVIDIA competition thing.
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 14:20
Images don't work...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:24:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:24:39