Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Move Images

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiho,

I am new into DarkBasic Pro but till now I figured most of the things out myself, but now im stuck with a Problem.
What I want to do is load different Images and let them slide over the screen with different effects.
But i cant seem to find any Command that makes the Images move, I can load them, display them at different places on the screen but I dont find any command to move them around like you could do with objects for example.
Does anyone of you know the right command or how to do it?
Thanks for your help!
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 05:37
with images, you just clear the screen, change the position variable and and repaste the image.

with sprites, you have to create a sprite from the image and to move it you use the "move sprite" command.

hope that helps

winxp-intel core 2 duo 2.00ghz-2.00gb ram
nvidia en7300gt silent 256mb gfx
Coolio D00D
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thank you very much for your help.
I will try it out later
Its quite embarassing that I get 3D Objects to move but dont know how to move an Image lol
Coolio D00D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 13:04 Edited at: 10th Jul 2008 15:41
Ok ive tried your codes but for some reason now it wont display any Images anymore. Maybe I should explain what my code does, when the Game starts you have 3 different buttons, depending on what you click something else happens, the button we use is the "New Game" button. After clicking this I used a Goto New_Intro command and thats where we are now.
So basically we are starting with a blank sheet now and the purpose of this is to show the intro, with some credits/names of the People involved in creating this Game sliding over the screen, rotating,fading in and different effects.
I know most of the commands so far but somehow the Images wont show up. Anyone got an Idea? How i said I tried the codes but nothing works. I tried different other things to test if the jump from the Starting Screen to "New_Intro" works and it does, so theres no Mistake in the Code before.

Edit: OK forget this post ^^ everything works fine now thanks shaun

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:29