Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / HI, new here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I just got DBPro a couple of days ago.

I read the manual and learned a lot from it. When I tried to make the FPS in the tutorial it didn’t work...
I typed in all the code and when I run it, I get a blank screen every time???

I have even tried to copy paste the whole thing, because I thought maybe I typed the code wrong...nope still blank screen???

Am I missing something here or does the tutorial not work???

Weird...
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2003 22:12
Hi and welcome to the forums!

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=13204&b=7
Read this thread sometime today, and check out some of the links. They provide some valuable information.

Is your DBP version patched to 4.1?
Also go to the actual project in DBP folders in tutorial.That'll probebly help you figure some things out.Also double check for proper spacings, and commas.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2003 22:19
you did put all the media (models,textures etc) in the same folder as the scource?, select open project and then go to

C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Help\Tutorials

and load the file called

9_adding shine.dbpro

then select run, that works here, (cos I just tried it) , if that doesn`t work then I have no idea whats wrong, cheers.

Mentor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:30:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:30:57