Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Milenium Pong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 20:13 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2008 23:47

.::The Plot::.

After many Milennia of war and strugle people of the Naustrium Solar System
are finaly safe. Or so they think! Members of the NSSP(Naustrium Solar System Police)
have started a rebelion against the current leader and plan to overcome the NG(Naustrium Goverment)!
The Rebels are trying to atack and destroy NG's Eucroinium(Rare Source of Energy) Stations
in order to bring down their power!

.::YOU::.

You are Pong! A soldier of the NSSP, one of the few people that still care about their system!
Take control of your ship(s) and protect the stations at all cost!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODDlnQM4Sy8

DS ScreenShot:

.::Completed::.

Menu
Collision
Leve 1
Ending Level 1
Level 2
Ending Level 2
Level 3 40%
Game Over Screen
Game Pad Integration
Power Up: Life, Time, Size
Survival Mode

.::To Do::.

Level 5 Boss Fight
Save Game
More Power Ups
MultiPlayer
Maybe a Co-OP mode
Beginning Video

Download: After 11th August!

Things i would like to add:
- Agh... where the heck is the preview button i wanna see how the post will look like
- This game has been entered in a Romanian Game Contest that will take place between 3 and 10 August 2008
- Please post suggestions!
- Can a mod change the title to Millennium ?

Edit: Also, this isn't regular pong! You have to stop the ball from passing you! Each level has a certain amount of time! Also you start off with 5 lives! Every level has its own Power Ups:
First Level: 3 seconds Time Reducer
Second Level: Your ship gets bigger
Third Level: You regain some life using PowerUps, also both time and difficulty level are higher!
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 00:34
Ok so i finished the survivor Mode! Here's a screen shot!
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 02:08
Looks interesting, I might give it a shot tomorrow since it's in the middle of the night here.

- Elias, Damezean, Nackidno, Wonderboy

AntocGames - http://antocgames.se.nu/
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 05:13
Nice work ^^. I like the expansion on the idea of pong!

From the video it seems like everything should happen bit faster, to give it a more exciting feeling.

This is a random sentence about squirrels.
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 09:02
Well the game is faster... I'm just running it on a crappy computer! Add fraps to that and yes.. you have a slow video of a fast game!
@nakido: o.O Give a shoot at what I didn't post a demo Yet... There will be a demo with the survival mode soon but till then... just plain old promises and pics
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 10:42
I meant the Video.

- Elias, Damezean, Nackidno, Wonderboy

AntocGames - http://antocgames.se.nu/
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 22:16
Ok i made a one level demo featuring the survivor mode! Can you last long enough? Download: http://www.dump.ro/download.php?id=4066&act=70rgHfNy6PsU8I4D
Use buttons 1 and 2 on both keyboard or gamepad/joystick to change the sound track! With this said, enjoy and please do post any sugestions or bugs!
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 00:02
I added a slide show on YouTube on my new channel featuring some new aspects of the game(Keep your eyes out for a 3rd person view screenshot)!
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 23:45
Sorry for not keeping this topic Updated but i have some big reasons! First of all i have been working hard on the project, witch now has a 3D Menu, an In-Game Hud, new AI, New Power-ups, Black Holes that suck the ball in and Turrets(Only or the PC Version)! And yes you have read well, turrets only for the pc version! Right now i am also porting the game to Nintendo DS using Devkit Pro! Also starting tomorrow both PC and DS version will be displayed at a Romanian National Contest called InfoEducatie(Both Software and Game Dev contest)! I hope that after it i will be able to release a demo for both platforms! Till then you will be left with the news above and an early screen shot from NO$GBA(the emulator i am using for DS)!

Well that's about all! Il will update the topic in one week (hopefully with great news regarding the contest)!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:37