Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / External Programs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

Is it possible to read / get information from external programs, or do i have to go with C/C++ for this one?

Example would be a poker client... The program would automaticly get information on what hole cards i have, read it and then output the information to the screen.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 14:54
If the external application is sending data, and receiving... Yes. But I think you want to make a bot for some silly card game... well, most programs do send and receive a little bit of data, you can try to find where and how it does so.

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 15:43
If data is sent in the command line, then info can be passed to another programme, this is useful if you have 2 programmes made in darkbasic you want to interact, I think the command is "Execute File", enter a string into the Command/Data Paramiter, Then when it runs the EXE, The data passed can be read via "CL$()"

Alternitivley if you have 2 Darkbasic Programmes which constantley need to pass data between them, then check you IanM's Plugins, Theres more info regarding this HERE

If as Prince Of Darkness said, this is to access someone elses programme, then i dought you could do that.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
Dritt
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replays. So it is possible, thats awesome. By command line you mean the chat? The chat displays what my hole cards is and much more as you know. I looked trough the PartyPoker folder as well as others but dident see any file wich may be sending this data.

Maiby i should ask the creators of Calculatem and so on..., but i think they want to keep this information secret or else everybody would be making Poker Calculators.

But this may not be possible, to read directly from the screen poker screen. In Calculatem if you block the screen it says so and displays that it cant read from the window.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:15:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:15:40