Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Load Array variables?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 08:04 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 08:32
I don't like asking stupid question, but here i am...again.

read the posts on a 'load array' search, read hand full of Tut's. can't find a solution to this.

it tells me Variable Rat does not exist and highlights line 377. I'd done every thing i can think of and things suggested on this forum.

ask if you need to see more code.

Thanks

EDIT: made a goof somewhere. when you write a array, if you wanted to save variables for variables would you write 'Name$="Rat"' or just '"Rat"'. sorry, still stubling my way through this.

EDIT: toyed with it some, now it says "Could not find field 'txt' in type 'integer' at line 377. also tried changing 'Load Array' to 'Open To Read'. same error. thinkin change the file type on save.

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow
Anti Human
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 15:00 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 11:31
last time i'm editing this post. completely redoing it.

@ WindowsKiller, thank you much, it got me one step closer. It now creates the .Arr files

Figured out how to 'attach' the .Arr files to the source (handy little button labeled "file").

Either attaching them like that erases the data in them (doubtful), the data isn't meant to be seen doing it that way (not likely), or my Save Array command isn't set up right (SURVEY SAYS? DING!). They were empty, not variables, no DIM, just a blank board.

I tried copying and pasting the array (W/ & W/O the DIM command) into the .Arr file after attaching it. Tried ending the save and loads with (), (0), and (18) (18 being the number of 'boxes'). hand full of things left to try but i'm running out of idea's.

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:26:19