Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's collision slightly offset on Y axis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there anyway I could reposition the collision box?

HEYYYY YYYOOUUUUU GUUUYYYYSSSS
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 17:32
yeah... The collision box is based on the absolute center via measuring the furtherst vertex in each direction of your model.

This is how a bounding box is calculated. So - Either you toss in an invisi vertex here or there to force the move (kind of hokey).

you could make your model not even seen by sparky but have a cube (invisible) set for sparky and position this invisi cube (alpha zero might do the trick - I THINK it needs to be technically visible - I dunno) But position this cube at the posityion of your model - and offset it's position so that cube surrounds your model the way you want each frame.

-Jason

Scope 51791
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been hearing how sparky's collision is good and better then the built in collision one for dark gdk. My question is what is Sparky's collision. Where can i get it.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 14:33
I have links to it in here: http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop if not on the web page - in one of the readme's. You can google for it as well. Its a dll that has both a DBPRO and a DarkGDK "version" that one of the employees of TGC made and it rocks and is free. It's not hard to use. One reason you might download my darkgdk lib is the link for one as said but I have a sparky demo of my own that I think is easier to follow than some of the Sparky stock demos - it just breaks it down a bit... to a very simple usage - but when you look at all the demos that come with sparky - and figure out how to get it all to compile etc... and you see it in action - you will most likely at first be like "UGH" then "Ok" then "This is cool" then you never go back to anything else! LOL

--Jason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:25:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:25:30