Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Inbuilt collision/ Animation Problem/ Third Person View

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
While reading the documentation I have noticed that DarkGDK contains inbuilt object collision.
I attempted using it for gravity:

But this isn't very good because there is a big gap between the objects.
P.S. I can't figure out the Sparky's collision.

I have attempted animating object while moving only. Here's my code:

Unfortunattely after I have finished pressing the buttons the animation still continues.

I have implemented Third Person View in 2 different ways but I want camera to follow behind the character, but the first way the camera is parallel not always behind. Second way camera is free and it isn't consistant also it sometimes goes behind the walls thus I am not able to see the character.

Here's the code for the first way:

Second way is dbSetCameraToFolow way.

I'll be gratefull If anyone helps me out with any of these issues.

XD
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 20:35
In built collision is slow. Use Sparky's. You won't regret. Even better - if you want physics eventually - get and learn DarkPhysics. It has a cool feature that allows saving your "model info" so the time to set up each "physics/collision" (behind scenes) can go faster on subsequent plays.

--Jason

Shad0w R1d3r
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't get sparky's collision to work. if you could please post a guide or something I will be gratefull.

P.S. I can't afford DarkPhysics XD

XD
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 02:41
Well - have you downloaded the DarkGDK version of Sparky's? Can you get the samples to work? And in my http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop/ there is a project that is JUST a little sparky "demo" of the most basic variety to get you started. Give it a whirl. Also the link supplied above (somewhere on the page and definately in one of the readme's is the correct URL to get Sparky's DLL for DarkGDK.

Start here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:30:07