Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / disappearing code, what am i doing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:53
was wondering if some one would tell me what i need to stop doing to keep all my code from getting replaced with:

that is not the 600 lines of non-array loading code i had last night.

while starting over does allow me to fix some things i wanted to change and was too lazy to go through all the code to fit the new idea's in; it is getting alittle annoying.

sorry i'm an dolt, thanks for any help.

and can we get a little yellow face icon with a dounce hat on? or i'm the only one that needs it?

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 22:35
Could it be that you are putting your code into the .dbpro file and that's getting overwritten by the project settings? You should put your code into a .dba file.

Anti Human
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 23:17
Thanks...that could be what i'm doing. should probably stop messing with the box on the right side of the screen.

is there any tut's that show what-for/how-to on those panals? i get bored and start playing with stuff to see if i can figure them out.

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 04:33 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 04:34
Well, I don't know about a tutorial for those side panels, but you could always download another editor/IDE to code with if the default one is giving you trouble. One editor you could try (and the one I use) is called Codesurge. If you search it on these forums it should pop up.

As for the editor you are currently using, try making a new project via the NEW PROJECT button in the file menu. Write something simple, like SYNC ON, SYNC RATE 60, AUTOCAM OFF, or something at the top of your code. Then, save it using SAVE ALL (I always save using SAVE ALL) and close the editor. Now, browse your computer until you reach the folder where your project is saved and open both the .DBA and .DBPro file in notepad. Have a look at what's written in each... the DBA file should have your code while the DBPro file should have various EXE settings (that's stuff those panels at the right change). Doing this may help you to understand what each file contains a little better .

I have had problems with the editor erasing my code as well (specifically include files for me). Switching editors may indeed solve this problem (my code hasn't disappared since...).

Good luck,
-Sixty Squares

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:19:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:19:13