Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Rotation Trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im haveing trouble rotateing an object the way I want.
I have a center object that my camera rotates with, but what I want is another object that sits just to the left of it (20 value) that rotates with it and is always on its left side always faceing in the same direction as the other object does. I did some testing and searching and couldnt get it to work, any help would be appreciated.

Here is the code I use so far

Basically I just want the big box to always stay on the left of the smaller box when I use the mouse to rotate the box. So Its always in that fixed position that it is when the game starts. However I can move it around.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 20:37
Here you go:

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
Q and A but mostly Q
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 00:29 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 05:04
Thank you the code worked!
However I have a litle more trouble and a new problem.
I want the camera to rotate around the Big cube but always point to the smaller one. Not changeing the position of them at all. So for Example the Big Cube is still to the left 20, and the small cube is still in the middle, the small cube still always stays beside the big cube like in the starting position.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ok ive bin working on this for the last few hours and got it to work woot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:24:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:24:28