Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2D Fighting Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2003 00:43
Hey everyone! Just got a quick question. It's actually a question for everyone who comes to these forums. Has anyone every finished a 2D fighting game? I'm actually working on one with me as an Anime Superboy along with other superheros and villains and such. But I'm just starting though. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever actually finished one? Well uhh....later

SuperCort2003
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 06:22 Edited at: 25th Jul 2003 06:23
I've made one but only in visual basic, i'll tell you one thing, they are probably the hardest types of games to make. I'm telling you this from experence, it takes a LOT of work to make one and even then it was a simple box colision method. if you want the visual basic code i can post it.

Sparring - Loved by many, Pefected by few.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 06:29
I made one on the Amiga once, it was meant to be a platformer but I never actually did the level design, consequently I had a sprite about 16 pixels high as the main character running across a narrow band in the middle of the screen doing kicks and punches against identically looking opponents... class stuff

I also started one using video capture of me waving my sword around but I never got the animations to link together very well and so it was never finished.

Pneumatic Dryll
SuperCort2003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 19:15
Sure I loved the code just to look at CPU. Thanks for the replies guys. I thought no one would answer but you did! Thanks again!

The Kid knows that happier times -- as well as a good fight -- lie just around the corner.
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 00:19
here's the code, in visual basic there arn't as many sprite commands so it's hard to do colision so i had to do math colision, which even then is just box colision and well you get the picture. Oh sory bout there not being very many comments, it's a bad habet of mine. Well look at the code and enjoy! Oh if you want a screen shot just e-mail me at codelogic@truevine.net

Sparring - Loved by many, Pefected by few.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 07:44
well, yes, I've created a simple 2D fighting game in Dark Basic. It was lousy, graphics were horrible, and there was a glich, that if you punched an opponent, and you held down the punch button, you would choke the enemy to death. I decided not to let anyone see it, because its just horrible.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 12:31
i've make one with amiga using amos, i've paint 6 men with 5 moves each plus a special for everyone.
6 scenarios and was like street fighter 2.
it was almost good for a beginner, and collision where mats collision.
every move has a ranging collision, so if the body of oppo was in this range, the collision have been.
At that time, about 10 years ago, no internet for amiga prog, so only a few of my friend see it, and tell me it was good to play.
Maybe i can convert it for DB, but there is a big problem: THE LOT OF WORK TO DO FOR MAKE A CHARACTER. AT LEAST ONE MONTH FOR ONE.
This was the time, try to imagine to make this game at a res of 1024 x 768, the players must be at a dimension of 600x300 pixel, try to make at least 50 frames of animation for a man of 600x300.....

It's better to make a 3d model and render it.
At this point, make a 3d fighting game....

Free Download for a Free World
SuperCort2003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2003 20:44
Yeah thanks for the replies. Actually I haven't been working on DarkBasic in a long time. I had other things to do (Like increasing my skills in drawing Manga.) But thanks for the replies. I actually am thinking well have decided to hold off of 2D and go with 3D so now I have to learn the 3D Model programs I have. But thanks again for the replies.

SuperCort2003

The Kid knows that happier times -- as well as a good fight -- lie just around the corner.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:10:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:10:27