Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Will my fpsc v1 game work in fpsc x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 21:22
Just as the title states. I would like to know if I can take the game I started in fpsc v1.xx and be able to continue to work on it in fpsc x10? Or would I need to rebuild the whole thing? It would be cool to have all the new features to put in the game, but if I cant open the game level in fpsc x10 maybe I will wait til next game to get x10. Sorry if it's been asked before, I didn't see the answer posted anywhere.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 23:34
If the media you used is all stock media, yes it should. But custom media is going to have to be imported manually.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 23:58
Thanks aaron. What I really want to know if my map file, fpm, will open in fpsc x10. Or is the whole program different?

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
Haven Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 05:55
Quote: "Thanks aaron. What I really want to know if my map file, fpm, will open in fpsc x10. Or is the whole program different?"

Yes, yes...you will be fine Fps Creator X10 has backwards compatibility for reading the original Fps creators maps so it will just be the same as opening another map nothing else, but X10 is needed

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 06:07
ah thanks so much 3d ninja That makes me very happy. I tried a x10 level on my machine so it should work I would imagine. It was a little slow but the level seemed heavy on effects and stuff. My level isn't so effect heavy.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:45:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:45:10