Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is this a compiler problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm working on a bit of code to make an AnimatedSprite, and then make it move around the window. The first time I compiled, I got my sprite to play the animation of moving, but not move anywhere. I then changed the code, recompiled (using the green play button up at the top) and played again. Same deal. Then to experiment, I used a new sprite, recompiled, and it STILL used my old sprite.. which led me to believe that this may be something strange with the compiler.

My thought is that its still compiling the code from when I compiled the first time.. I know in Eclipse (Java) you have to save each file to recompile. I tried that. I tried closing out of the Visual C++ compiler. Still nothing. Is there something simple I'm forgetting to do to make this compile with the correct code? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 05:55
VC++ automatically saves the files before compiling, so that's likely not the problem. Did you replace the sprite file but leave the name the same? You need to understand where the files need to reside. Have you tried using absolute path to the file for text purposes? Did you open both as images and just used the wrong image number?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Orient
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply, no I did not leave the name the same =). I'm not sure what you mean by absolute path though, so maybe this is the problem.. I'll look into that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:20:46