Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The best film ever!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 18:48
i personally thought T2 was better than T1 although they were both good, T3 i think is the worst but i still really liked it.

Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
i think T1 is better then T2, havent seen T3 yet. but hey, i dont think anyone said anything about splatters?! Braindead & Bad Taste rule

Bird is a word
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 22:39
anyone like jay and silent bob strike back? that was a quality film!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2003 22:41
I liked T2 better than T1

1- T2
2- T1
3- T3

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 00:24
Got my ticket for T3 for Friday night.

Watched a very odd film the other night called Joe's Apartment. About a bloke (one of the people out of sliders) and a few thousand animated singing and dancing cockroaches! The computer generated roaches were brilliant. Never heard of the film before.

The programmer formerly known as sonic
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 01:57
For all you UK'ers, what's on in 2 minutes on BBC1:

II

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 02:07
2 words:
The Marix

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 03:22
Yes, the Marix was very good. Ne was a good character, and Trinit was good too.

Jay and Silent Bob film was very good. But I preferred Dogma.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 06:46
Actually personally i think the Terminators get better each one, I mean 1 was good and set the suspense ... then 2 set the running from something you can't kill ... and 3's just got classic Arnie humour throughout it.

on the scale of having films scare to the poop out of you, then i'd go with 1 cause it had alot of very cool things done in it ... but on the behalf of an actualy all round good movie i think they get better each movie.

on Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien:Resurrection...
personally i can't choose between Aliens and Alien:Resurrection - i mean Aliens was just awesome, i'm not sure what made it so good but it was ... but then Alien:Resurrection was just dark as hell, and definately had simply the best atmoshpere for the series. It also had some good humour in itself, just to lighten the mood before something was about to scare the crap outta you

i think movies were better when they didn't rely on technology so much though, i mean look at that new Brit one - Deathwatch.
very few effects in it, ment they had to push a good film rather than rely on the "wow" factor

its what made the Matrix so good too actually... the fact that although it has alot of effect in it, they were used wisely because of budget reasons rather than overly used. Gave it that real feel, especially with the tacky electric effect for when agents died - it just added the feel that they didn't go out of thier way just to put in effects for the sake of putting them in

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 07:01 Edited at: 27th Jul 2003 07:03
LOL, heh heh perfect topic for this, i think the BEST movie EVER is the one i made The Parasites it, and all my other movies can be veiwed at http://www.kalasinski.com/movies.html
lol

Halozane Future Owner.
Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
Wov Newbie Brogo, absolutely fantastic storyline u got there. i absolutely want to buy the rights for a computer game

as for aliens, i think every new movie just got a bit worse. alien was fantastic, aliens was fantastic ( not as fantastic as the first one ) alien 3 was good but nothing special really and alien resurrection never should have been made

the matrix is a fantastic movie but i really cannot say that its the best movie ever but absolutely reaches top 500 movies of all time.
as for reloaded, first i considered it as good movie but after a while of thinking: its actually a bad movie

good movies are respected only by critics & few other people

Bird is a word
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 20:51
i disagree quoth critics don't respect movies and that's the problem.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 00:25
Best Film Ever: Fight Club.

...::::ShockForge::::...
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 00:36
Newbie Brogo's movie ratings

1st Eyes
2nd Parasites
3rd Aliens

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 01:05
i like fight club might watch it tonight.

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 01:32 Edited at: 28th Jul 2003 01:33
lol, thanks for the rateing on my movies
O, and if you watch them, look closly at the mouths of the victim on The Parasites and The Eyes
again they r at:
http://www.kalasinski.com/movies.html

Halozane Future Owner.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 04:09
I like all of Kevin Smiths works (though I haven't seen "Chasing Amy") Clerks is one of the best movies out there, I love the diolog that movie has.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 06:35
Saw Spy Kids 3. Trash. Bad storyline. Bad Graphics (look at their feet) Bad Ending. Too much Juni. Bad characters.

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 06:35
SK 1 & 2 were good though.

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 07:32
Quote: "good movies are respected only by critics & few other people"

no, good movies are those you feel are good... i don't let some reviewer eat 20boxes of the same type of cereal and tell me which is the best, i have tastebuds i find out for myself. What i believe to be the best isn't what someone else does.

really the way i see it the critics of films are just waste of space loafers - i've never seens a single reviewer who doesn't go in with an unbiased opinion from the start.
its like Matrix:Reloaded ... all the of the critics were like "oh its solely disappointing and not upto the hype."

well i mean no s**t sherlock! if all you hear about is something for like a week straight and you can't turn on the radio/tv/internet without seeing matrix this and matrix that - i mean is it any wonder those who actually have to suck in all of this hype are gonna be disappointed?

i hope in november they don't release anything about Matrix:Revolutions - they just set a date and show it ... then do all of the media hype stuff.
let someone make up thier own damnd mind on how good it should be.

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 23:23
Matrix Reloaded is cool, so is Hulk, me like em both
aarrr! (yeah, Pirates of the Carribean roxx too!)

omfg freakin damnit, i got this pirate habit from rob! lol!

Otacon, can u check the keys to the MetalGear on top of the dresser? - Solidz
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2003 01:58
Chasing Amy was brilliant. Really liked that.

Matrix Reloaded was not as good as I thought it would be. Not by a long shot. Nope.

Fight Club? Oh yeah, that was fanf**kingtastic!!! Brilliaaaaannnnttt!!! Heh. Can't decide if it was better than Memento...

Anyone seen Battle Royale? Seen half of it a couple of times on Sci-fi channel. Just keep falling asleep (bloody work..). Looks pretty cool in a Japanese screwed up kind of way. Versus was pretty good too.

Oh yeah, saw Equillibrium last week. Missed it in the cinema. Pretty good in a post upset-about-matrix-reloaded-world.

Cheers

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2003 04:27
I wanna see equilibrium looks excellent!

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2003 10:33
Is pretty good. Very moody.

Out of interest, remember the days when that was the main development topic on the boards?

Cheers

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2003 14:14
Saw T3 on Friday - pretty good but not as good as other two. Good one-liners though!

Don't think there will be a T4

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2003 16:26
"Gone with the wind" was recently voted the best movie ever in a major UK survey.

I don`t think we are counting surveys by SAGA (an organisation for the over 60`s) , we`re talking non senile watchers here ROFL, just who the hell in their right mind would vote for that overblown comedy cowboy film?, I always thought it stunk that Dr Zivago got no awards thanks to that purile drivel, (they where released the same year), in modern films I vote for (in no specific order)

Alien: all the other follow ons managed to trash the world created in the first movie and ignore some of the rules of physics and common sense as well

Bladerunner: seems even more probable nowdays with genetic engineering and the mapping of the human genome, make a human with a smaller programable brain that can`t breed and use them as slaves, just as long as Micro$oft don`t write the software like they obviously did in the film

Fifth Element: fresh and funky, loved that, it was entertainment, pure and simple (an you gotta love Zorg )

The Matrix: can`t say about 2 since I haven`t seen it yet, but it was about time somebody made a film based on Plato`s theory of perception (even if it is messed up in places and the science is wrong)

Quatermass and the pit: scared me at the time, still is a creepy plot, loved it when the buried ship came to life and attempted to restore things to the status quo as planned by the Martians, not politicaly correct, but good all the same (old UK film, US peeps may not know this one)

Flash Gordon: FLASH!, so corny my sides ache, some parts like the ballroom fight and the ariel battle are so funny.

Barberella: hey! come on! you have to have some corny stuff to make the rest look good , besides this is the film that gave the world Duran Duran

The Avengers: for some reason nobody likes this one, all the critics hated it, but it was close to the original series in feel and bizare enough to be watchable, if only the lead playing John Steed had been a better actor.

Lord of the rings: well, the first episode was a brave attempt and pretty well done, I hope they can hold close to the correct story line in the second and third offerings (not seen part 2 yet), the trouble is that people often get tempted to improve the plot as they go deeper in, so that by the end you are not watching the film you where told you where at the start.

Star wars: all of them, episodes and characters, even Jar Jar Binks is ok with me, why?, cos it may well be that as you hop about the universe you will pick up some annoying hanger-ons, people who wind you up something rotten but you can`t get rid of without breaking the Jedi code and cutting them in half with a lightsabre first, makes it more realistic than if you met usefull, intelligent people all the time, come on! life isn`t like that

Babylon 5 movies: I hate the sterile squeeky clean StarTreck universe, I hate their poncy moralising and soap opera mentalities, I hate their hearts on sleeves posing and "humorous" characters, I hate their feeble attempts at depth, but Bab 5 is warts an all, devious gits who arent resolved by the end of the episode, friends who turn out to be enemies, and those who just can`t decide, dirty bars and sleazy people, this is like real life, at least the sets don`t look like an advert for White paint and discount carpet.

Starship Troopers: "the only good bug is a dead bug", you gotta love those bugs, after all, they enrich so many video games both out and soon to be released, and finaly a good excuse for blasting the gits without a moral argument, they are just killing machines, if you don`t kill them they will sure as hell kill you.

cheers.

Mentor.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2003 01:36
Ach. Aliens is the king of all movies.... um... and so is Mannequin pretty much up there.... erm... I was a young.. what can I say?...

Anyways, the best sci-fi movie of all time is obviously Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Wow. Can't remember much of it, but I clearly remember Wilma and the Princess fighting it out in a mudpit... Wilma... sigh... bebebebebebeee... heh.... Barberella? Mmmm....

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:24:50