Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Animating Objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

I try to animate my model but he wont do it.

I use this command: play object 1, and also i have tried loop object 1.

I am absolutly 100% sure the model has animation, i have maid it in milkshape and it animates just fine in Blitz3D.

Anyone have a clue?
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
This is Sample code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 16:36
Maybe the animation is playing too slowly. Try using Set Object Speed to speed it up.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 20:02
Without seeing your code and model it is hard to guess at what is wrong. If you would post them, we could be of more assistance.

Did you export the model in .x format, I assume? If so, what parameters did you use (exporting .x files from Milkshape can be tricky and must be done correctly in order to work)?

LB

jjmman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 04:54
is there an animating program you would suggest??? i am a noob with fps x10 and i need a LOT more weapons for my game.

dont regret toing things, regret getting caugt
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 12:55
I do not have FPSC x10 (or FPSC for that matter), and I cannot say what is required to get an animated model into it.

I use Milkshape for rigging and animating models, as well as creating some of them. It is relatively easy to learn and use and once you understand the process you can fully rig and animate a model with hundreds of animation frames within a couple of hours.

The main hangup I have seen with it is with regard to exporting .X models to DBP. Again, once you know how it is done, it is simple to do.

I would highly recommend it to someone on a budget.

You also could likely find some weapons around here for free.

LB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:22:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:22:37