Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Apply Textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 19:05
Hello All

Can somebody tell me how to apply multible textures to a object. I am useing the tree from truespace 7.6 and it has a texture for the bark then for the leafs.

Thanks
Dennis W
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 19:12
One way would be to have the parts for each texture placed into a single limb - for example, the main limb may be the trunk and branches, with a second limb for the leaves.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 19:50
IanM

That sounds good but just one thing whats a limp

Dennis W
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 19:56
Basically an object can have 1 or more meshes which can be rotated or positioned relatively to the other meshes within the object - in DBPro/DBC we call these limbs. Each limb can have one primary texture applied.

I don't know what you would call the limb equivalent in TrueSpace.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 04:10
IanM

This is what I found out from trial and error. Go into turespace 7.6 and from the library load the item you want. Lets say the tree. After you have loaded it in the work space. On the top click the tab that is for truespace 6. After you save it to your dir then save the textures. Load all three item to your media in dbpro. Then all you have to do is load the object. The textures will follow. I found it works fine on the car and tree. I also am using Vista. F Y I

Dennis W

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:17:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:17:42