Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Mathmatics errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 01:23
this has had me confused for the past couple of days, i swore i would work it out myself but can't.

alright, there's two source codes, one making and saving the array, the other DIMing a array and loaded the saved into it.

these are pretty long.

the making/saving:

DIMing/Loading:

the problem i'm having is that when i select 'human' the text commands display (Thx HowDo) "HP: 50 MP: 6" even though the array was saved with "HP: 20 MP: 0".

i'v looked over the code again and again, played with acouple things to see what happens (the arrays saving and loading (9) instead of (0), little things like that that) but couldn't get anything to change.

and i know this project is way over my head, i'v about given up on it again just to skip some steps and start playing with 2D. but i have a hard time setting things down.

any one see something i'm missing?

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow
Ed222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 04:54 Edited at: 8th Aug 2008 05:02
I think this

only saves array 9

take a look at this
4. TDK's Programming For Beginners Part IV - File Access

Anti Human
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 17:40
Quote: "It's LOAD ARRAY ..., Array Name(0) and SAVE ARRAY ..., Array Name(0). You're not supposed to change the zero"

Quote: "played with acouple things to see what happens (the arrays saving and loading (9) instead of (0), little things like that that) "

in other words, started with zero. i'd put (9) there to see what happens, then copied it to the post above when i got sick of tinkering with it. and no, it wasn't working before i put the 9 there, either.

Today is a good day, at least compared to tomorrow.
And every day is a good day to die, because then, there is no tomorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:25:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:25:26