Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DB Pro Serial Port questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new to this forum and own DarkBasic but haven't used it in a few years (since 1.13 came out).

I need send out serial data from a DarkBasic or DarkBasic Pro 2D like program that acts like a paint or drawing program. It needs to send serial data over COM1 to a micro-controller based LED Display Board. The board is 64 x 32 Bi-color LEDs. I currently have this working via Hyperterminal via a TEXT file to the micro-controller pins for RX.

I want to buy DB Pro if I can get Serial Port transfers from DB Pro to my micro-controller (Parallax SX48).

I have read some posts from CattleRustler and downloaded his dbp_serialportmulti files. However, I haven't got a clue on what to do with them in DB Pro. Is there any example code to send bytes out from DB Pro via COM1? I saw a couple of other links that looked like VB6 related files but the links were dead.

Where can I go to get the specifics on serial port communications with examples for DB Pro?

Thank you.

Tim Gilmore
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 14:45
Hi, this might help as my weather station talks to a one wire devices on the serial port or usb, it along post to read with a fare bit in it.

what you will be looking for is in the jzsource code folder, all can be found at this link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=91917&b=1

even if this does not help, it worth a look, as it might show how to write code able to talk to your display.

Good luck.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Test Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks HowDo. But I really want to see if there is some kind of a tutorial with attached files needed to send out Serial data from DB Pro.

Any help out there?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:16:13