Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with custom object loading

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 20:53 Edited at: 8th Aug 2008 23:08
I'm using DarkBasic Pro currently, and everythings working fine, save for the fact that i can't seem to get my custom .3ds models to work with the program.
here's a code base im working with, with the models in the same directory as the source files(I hope)

Sync On
Sync Rate 30
Hide Mouse

Backdrop on
Set camera range 1,5000

load object "Planet.3ds",1
Sync
Ian G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 23:00
If you want the media included in the exe (which is what the tab is for) you need to set the exe to build as an exe with attached media (settings -> exe file settings). I'm guessing that it's set to 'Normal Exe' right now and the actual exe file is not being placed with your media, meaning that the media added with the IDE is not included with the exe, and it is not looking in the right directory for the media.

*note* using an exe with attached media will produce a very large program, most people save their media externally.
Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
I took your advice Ian G, and did as you said, im not geting any more error promps, but i have one last problem, and I think it's just me being silly with the code.

Sync On
Sync Rate 30
Hide Mouse

Backdrop on
Set camera range 1,5000

load object "Planet.3ds",1
Sync

When i build the .EXE and run it, the screen does not stay up, i dont see what my model is, like the program does not detect a need to keep the window open, any ideas?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 23:49
add this to the end of your code.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally got things to work, thanks guys, I owe you both.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 00:46 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 00:46

^as =PRoF= said...

or

or, if you want to move around...

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Sheesh, And to think I only got darkbasic two days ago...
You guys have been so helpfull,...

I have another question, and it has to do with a outer space like enviroment...
when the backdrop is active, does that mean the viewing area is a infinite plane,able to place objects and other things via coords, or perhaps just an effect? I'm attempting to create a solar system, but I have no idea how the engine handles it's 3d plane.
Ian G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 04:31 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 04:32
One thing I forgot to mention was to set the path of the exe, remove the "%temp" before the exe name under the 'Project' tab. This will create an exe of the specified name in the folder with the source.
I'm not sure I understand your second question fully though. All the backdrop does is basically put an image behind all your 3d objects. You can either colour or texture this. Sorry if that's not what you're looking for.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 19:21 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 19:28
I made this tutorial code thing. Maybe it will help you to understand the 3D engine a little more? The backdrop has nothing to do with it.

The red bar is the X axis, the green the Y, and the blue the Z. Just copy and paste the code in the editor, and hit F5

And here's something for you to toy around with after you've watched the above tutorial thingy. Try changing the XYZ values in the POSITION OBJECT command. Again, just copy and paste this code into the editor and hit F5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:23:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:23:37