Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 18:59
I am new here, so I would appreciate some help very much... Here is my problem:
I make .x file of my model in blender. I tried everything, but I can't see my model when I run my program. Can anyone write a code where I see my when 3d object. I mean, when I press F5 in DBpro, I just want my model to appear on the screen... Thank you...
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 20:36 Edited at: 13th Aug 2008 20:37
Try replacing your LOAD OBJECT with MAKE OBJECT CUBE. if you can see it, then your model is to blame. If not, then it's your code.

If your model is to blame, have a look at the SCALE OBJECT command. Maybe it's too big or too small. If it still isn't fixed, then it could be something you're doing with blender? I haven't really used it before.

If it's your code, then try this (arrowkeys to move)

Hope this helps

Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 23:28 Edited at: 13th Aug 2008 23:29
If 60[]s' methods do not help then make sure that your model's normals in Blender are all facing outward when you export the model. If not then your model will not be visible in DBP. That is, unless you turn culling off in DBP, which will then render both sides of a face for each face on the model. However, this is not a good way to go due to the extra overhead on the processor.

So, in Blender, in edit mode, click the edit button in the buttons panel and then click the Draw Normals button on in the Mesh Tools 1 drag window. Check to see if the normals are facing out. If not, then select all vertices('a' key in edit mode), click mesh->normals->recalculate outside. Then, reexport the model and try it in DBP again. Good luck!
Tiborko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:26
Thank you guys! It works with that code... Obviously I had problems with placing my camera... Thanks again!
Tiborko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 01:23
And one more question... It is about maps... I use Valve Hammer Editor for creating maps... How do I load bsp file in DBpro program, and put my model in that map? How to solve collision problems? Sorry for noob questions, but it is really difficult to dig informations in this forum :p

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:14:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:14:56