Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / im looking to buy fpscx10 but i have a few questions first

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:08
well im looking into buying fpscreatorX10 but when i see youtube videos all i see is the same weapons and same enimies. if its not diverse then i wont waste my money on it. so i want to know a few things about it.

can i import custom weapons,charecters,sprites,objects, and textures to fpscx10 from say blender(a 3d creating software)?

can i add vehicles and actually get to use them besides just using them as decoration in the game? also i have an idea for mecha units in a game, is that possible?

can i edit the menus like the loading screen, and is the hud editable?

are the controls editable?

and is there able to be outdoors because i only seen enclosed places?

although i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:58
Yes, although models from Blender require conversion and a single texture.
No, there are no driveable vehicles at the moment, although there is a workaround script for X9 hanging around somewhere.
The HUD, menus and loading screen are fully customisable.
You can edit the controls.
And you can do outdoors but with some difficulty (the map is a limited size so it still has to be enclosed as with any game in existence.

[center]
natebomb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 03:24
thank you
when you said a workaround script for X9 is hanging around somewhere, what do you mean by that?

although i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 10:22
A user called Ertlov created a script for a hovercraft-type-thing that worked as a vehicle by associating the player with the model, but it was a bit of a faff to get it working as it would require remodelling the car so the players POV was exactly in front of the wheel looking out of the windscreen when associated with the model.

If you search you might find it somewhere.

[center]
F0rSaKeN
Years of Service
User Offline
[href]null[/href]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgnq6JvIi0k&feature=related

The possibility of driving vehicles becomes possible with Ply's Mod. There's a thread on here somewhere that shows you the script to do it. You can basically do anything you want in FPS Creator with enough modeling, animation, and scripting experience.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:39:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:39:03