Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Resolution of model in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 02:27
Ok, so I decided to test out my model in DB Pro to see if it works (to make sure I didnt completely mess up before going further LOL)

So I used this code to load the model (that was mentioned in some other topic):

The model and its texture loads up .... so I'm at least glad about that lol. But the resolution is terrible. When DB loads it up and puts it up on the screen it looks so pixelated and it kinda looks like one of the first Doom characters.

Is there some code where I can adjust the resolution so the model looks sharp.

I know its not the model, because I have a DirectX veiwer and I viewed the models .x file, and in the DirectX viewer it looks like it supposed to.
Quantum Fusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 02:50
Never mind

I found the code for it
Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you post your resolution to the problem for future forumm topic searches. Thanks.
Quantum Fusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 19:31 Edited at: 15th Aug 2008 19:35
Sure no problem Nano.

I did a search on the forum and found a code someone wrote that lets you select different screen resolutions, and I simply inserted into the code I had before.

So it looks like this,

Its good for checking to see if your *.x model loads in DBPro (and also see how the textures look as well. But note, set your model's X,Y,Z axis to zeros (if and when you export it to the DirectX format) ..... also, since you'll be using your mouse to pick the screen resolution .... this will make your model go off the screen ... so after you pick your desired resolution, move your mouse around until your model is in the center of the screen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:15:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:15:02