Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / model scaleing issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I have got a model, textured and animated in MILKSHAPE, I have exported using the correct exporter to create the X MODEL with animations and texture etc. I have created the FPE and all is fine, when I then select the model in FPSC X10 it is very small, I have tried changeing the FPE to Scale it to 100 but it has no effect.

If I create the X file and FPE via the entity workshop all is OK but it is static and does not export animations.

Is this a MILKSHAPE export issue?

Is Fragmotion better regarding exporting X files for FPSC X10?

Please help, I have checked through the forums but nothing is specific to this issue and software I am using.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 14:01
Maybe you should read a bit more.You have to play around in milkshape with the scaling then export the model.Download TGC's FPS entity creator found on the main www.fpscreator.com page under downloads then only will your entity be ready to export to X10

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 15:42 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 12:53
Hi,
I have read quite a bit on this, and have now got an entity textured in normals,specular and diffuse with bump mapping, it is animated but not yet behaving properly and I have collision issues.
I will try the entity creator to see if this resolves some of the issues I am getting.

Regarding ANIMATION frame names in Milkshape do they have to be a certain name for FPSC X10?

Note: I have used the entity creator and all this does is create an FPE file for your model, pretty worthless really as you can copy and amend an existing one. The exported DirectX model from Milkshape does not get changed at all.
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 20:44
I found the scaling in the fpe to do nothing in the game engine, although it looks like it does when in the editor. Leave your scaling in the fpe to 100, and scale your entity in your modeler. I find scaling in fragmotion to be the easiest. I usually have to scale up 10x because for some reason when I import the skeletons to modeling programs they are only .1 size.

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I found this too dennisb, What needs to be done is when using MILKSHAPE even though your model is an OK size (like mine was) you still need to use SCALEALL utility under tools and set to 100%.
This does not make the model bigger but confirms the scale before exporting to directX format, then when you put into the engine it will be the correct size.

If you do not do this it will be a tiny model when you run the game, even though it looks fine in the FPSC editor initially.

I would do this process for all models in MILKSHAPE for X10!

Hope this helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:45:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:45:00