Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got DB today and i've been working on the 3D tutorial in the Manual but when it comes to the texturing, I get told that the bitmap files don't exist. I've tried putting in the whole directory name but it still doesn't work. I know the pictures are there because i've seen them.
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 00:09
C:program filesdark basic softwaredark basicbitmapsmediatexturesarcadewallscottag02.bmp
that's not a correct directory...

B-e-a-utiful... Visit my site: www.cuso.tk
stwb
Years of Service
User Offline
It has the slashes in the code I have. they musn't have come up there.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 01:05
Just copy the images you need into the same directory as your db code and dispense with all the long paths...

tdk
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 06:24
if you want to keep it neat

create a folder in the directory where the source and if using DBP the project file as well

call it data or media and store everything into this folder.
later on you will know if you have to make new folders inside this to

manage the data for the game.
usage then is very easy to remember and localised for the game.

"data/mymedia.bla"

stwb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks very much everyone that replied. i managed to get it working by doing what TDK said.

Bloodshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 19:25 Edited at: 19th Jul 2003 19:51
You should have still been able to use long pathnames, though!

As an alternative, try opening Windows Explorer in the background and locate the path from there, then right click on the path in the Explorer's Address bar and copy it, so you can paste it directly into DBPro as a pathname more efficiently and with less chance of your problem being caused by typing errors.

I think a feature should be added to DBPro's IDE so you can create filename strings more easily via a browser when you right click, (similar to how you can pick a colour and the command is added directly to your code as an RGB statement.)
dsachs59
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am having the same problem and I tried the suggestions listed here and it still does not work. I have both DB and DBPro. I can load a bmp image and texture the object with DB with no problems but DBPro states the it cannot load the image no matter where it is on the hard drive. It will not even load the bitmap images it came with. So what is going on with DBPro?

Dave

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:26:26