Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where to go from here.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 22:47 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 22:54
I am doing all TDK tutorials. I just finish the DB Matrix Primer one. I notice that people wrote that no one use that anymore. same comment on other of his tutorial. I am mad to learn stuff that is not used anymore. Where do I go from now what is it worth to learn, what is it not. Is there a chart somewhere. I think 3d World studio is just placing your textures created in Photoshop and placing them on the Models you create with 3D Studio Max that cost more than 1000$. It is kinda expensive for me.

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Start creating something...like PONG. If you're like me, you'll learn much more by giving yourself some kind of goaled challenge. After pong, you can try breakout, or a scroller, or a simple fps...on and on. Or, if you have a game idea, try to code it.
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 05:49
Hey thanks.

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 07:33
Quote: "I think 3d World studio is just placing your textures created in Photoshop and placing them on the Models you create with 3D Studio Max that cost more than 1000$. It is kinda expensive for me."

3d world studio is a world building program, not a texture maker...you can make terrain with buildings, you can cut holes in walls for doors..texture your world...almost anything you can imagine in your mind...great program...you do not need 3ds max to use 3dws...start small but dream big...

thanks, pirate
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 07:41
Quote: "I notice that people wrote that no one use that anymore. same comment on other of his tutorial. I am mad to learn stuff that is not used anymore."

quite frankly, u have to learn somewhere... matrices are very easy to learn from, just not best used in practice. a lot things are like that in any hobby, really. if u feel that you are still so angry, use advanced terrain or make ur own terrain system.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:29:13