Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is BSP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 05:45
I see that in

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 06:44
hello RCO,
maybe this will answer your question...

Quote: "Binary space partitioning (BSP) is a method for recursively subdividing a space into convex sets by hyperplanes. This subdivision gives rise to a representation of the scene by means of a tree data structure known as a BSP tree.

In simpler words, it is a method of breaking up intricately shaped polygons into convex sets, or smaller polygons consisting entirely of non-reflex angles (angles smaller than 180 degrees). For a more general description of space partitioning, see space partitioning.

Originally, this approach was proposed in 3D computer graphics to increase the rendering efficiency. Some other applications include performing geometrical operations with shapes (constructive solid geometry) in CAD, collision detection in robotics and 3D computer games, and other computer applications that involve handling of complex spatial scenes."

.bsp is just a file format...to make one you must compile it from an existing file...darkbasic pro comes with this compiler...you can find it by...
click START/all programs/the game creators/darkbasic pro/darkbasic tools/bsp-pvs compiler...double click on the last....if you have a level made you can try the compiler out...

hope this helps...

thanks, pirate
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 04:31
Well, pirate told you what BSP is, however I'd sugguest using ".x" or a similar format for your worlds. I believe it to be more widely supported?

pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 10:50
i do agree with sixty squares...the .x format is more widely used and works well with dbpro...

thanks, pirate

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:19:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:19:06