Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / X file format models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 02:37
Last night I thought I read that .x (directx models) work in DB, but only some of them. Now that Im awak I went to look for that post again, and cant find it. So either I was dreaming, was to tired to comprehend what I was reading, or something else.

So im asking do all .x models work with DBpro? There are alot of model packs out there that are in .x thats why i was wondering.

*guess this will teach me to use Favorites or just leave the computer on.
cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
In my experience, .X models work depending on how you export it. Example, I model in 3DS Max 5.1 and use the PandaX exporter. If I apply UVW Mapping to an object and export it to .X without "collapsing my stack", the .X file will not load in DBPro.

The reason is this, the "collapsing my stack" actions removes all of the modeling "history" of my object, and DBPro does not know how to use that added information if I dont't collapse.

Other Proggys like Milkshape and Truespace, I don't know. I guess you could say I am set in my program use as I only use 1...MAX

hope that helps

Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2003 03:46
Well Ill try some of the model packs, and see where they take me. Ill let people know which ones work.
dsachs59
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I use Truespace 4.3 and 6.0 which export in X format that DB will load. The unfortunate thing for me is that DB will load some of the textures applied to an object and DB Pro will load none of them.

No answers on the forum about the texture problems of BD Pro though.

Dave

Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2003 22:31 Edited at: 29th Jul 2003 22:33
im having problems with animation in 3D Canvas 6,what do i do?

Wanna Go On A Data???
Steverino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 03:35
dsachs59 --
I have loaded .x models saved from trueSpace 4.3 into DBP with textures intact. The textures are upside down (trueSpace 4.3 bug) but once you solve that they load into DBP just fine. Are you sure you're using BMP textures, that the BMPs are in the same directory as your model, and that you applied UV mapping to the model before texturing it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:41:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:41:48