Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is a .x should carry the texture with in or it should be loaded seperatly?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 06:05
I loaded a .x and the object is grey no texture.

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 08:52
.X should load the texture with it, just make sure you texture the object in your modeling program first, then export it otherwise the texture won't load. You also have to make sure the object has the correct path for the texture. Usually in the same directory.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 10:50
Is it also supposed to carry all everything I build when I am working on a world editor into 1 file?

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 12:46
If your .X file is in text format (open it in wordpad), then you'll be able to see the texture filenames in it. Just make sure that your textures are placed relative to your .X file using those filenames.

eg, if your .X files are stored in a folder 'models', and your texture reads 'img/xyz.png' then create an 'img' folder in the models folder and place the texture there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:02