Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Rotating an object help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to rotate an object using yrotate but The object does not appear to be rotating. I can rotate the object with xrotate and zrotate but not on the y axis. Would this have something to do with the camera being fixed behind the model because I'm using an engine from the code base. Your help will be appreciated.
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 12:44
First, welcome to the forums!

Quote: "Would this have something to do with the camera being fixed behind the model "

Very probably. Imagine an RPG where the camera always follows the central character - if the character turns left or right (Y-rotates) the camera automatically tracks with him so that it's always pointing behind him. Only the movement of the scenery makes you aware that the character has moved.

Now - and I'm guessing on this, as i don't know what code you're using - if you have no scenery (just the blue backdrop) there is nothing you can judge movement by. Y-rotate your object and the camera will rotate as well to keep you looking at the same point.

Hope this helps!
Regards
RTR

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:19:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:19:52