Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Visual Studio Problem (Strings)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 10:22
Ok, so I'm basically learning the ropes of Visual Studio at the moment. But it's not going too well, as I'm trying to do so between work hours.

The problem I've been having lately is that I can't get the built-in String class to function properly and it seems to come down to my lib and header directories.

I keep getting this message:
"defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs"

And this is just for testing the following:

The full error message terror looks like this:

Anyone better versed in Visual Studio/C++ that could tell me what I must be doing wrong?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 12:20
Find the "Project Settings/Configuration Properties/C++/Code Generation/Runtime Library", and set it to /MT rather than /MTd. There should really be a sticky dedicated to this.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 15:08
You're probably right, but better would be for Mike to get it fixed. It's simple: Compile the library in release mode using its current name, then compile the library in debug mode using a different name. Then a small tweak to the header file to get the right one used at link time.

I'll have a word with him (nag him!) at the convention, about this, and an updated version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:35:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:35:59