Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / fpsc x10 will not load i think im going insane someone please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok this is my first ever post so im probably posting it in the wrong place, or the wrong subject etc yada yada but i have no idea what else to do so here we go¬

i got fpsc about a year ago and was so impressed by the features available in x10 i got it within weeks on my vista laptop but alas it does not support it, but i also have a tower pc but to be able to support x10 i had to get a new processor ( a 2.2ghz amd 64 dual core) a new motherboard (asrock dual sata to support the new graphics card i had to buy, the bfg 8800 gt 320mb ocx model) and a gig of ram

so im now running vista 32bit on a 2.2ghz amd athlon, with 1.5gb of ram, bfg 8800gt 320mb with an 80mb hdd and it will not load!

i have no screen shots as its on a computer which has had a fresh installation of vista on the day i installed x10 and its not online yet

all it says is it could not detect a direct sound buffer, then as soon as you ok that it says its encountered a problem and needs to close

is this because i have no sound card currently installed on that machine?

someone please help ive just spent £200+ and 3 weeks trying to get this goddamn piece of software running! il try and take a screen shot and move it via firewire but its not giving any error codes or information other than 'no direct sound buffer detected' then announcing it needs to close >.<

ive tried disabling and enbling the on board sound facility of the motherboard but to be honest im not entirely sure it has one.

I will supply the solver of this problem with cakes, many cakes and possibly some sweets, and the love of a small albaninan girl who speaks very little english but can cook a lovely coque mesure

smoke em if you got em
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
It shouldn't crash just because of no sound card, perhaps you can find one that will emulate a sound card installed

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 00:57 Edited at: 11th Sep 2008 00:58
Quote: "It shouldn't crash just because of no sound card, perhaps you can find one that will emulate a sound card installed"

No.

Anyhow, you do need a sound card. You can pick up a basic PCI one for a couple of quid nowadays down your local PC World or (dare I say it) Comet.

[center]
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 05:48
You have a nice processor and graphics card but no sound card at all? Madness.

Quote: "Yes it is exactly that lol well done it wont run with out a sound card you should have read that in the specs i cant beleive some people not reading the specs before you buy"

I can't believe you didn't use any punctuation in that sentence.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No.

Anyhow, you do need a sound card. You can pick up a basic PCI one for a couple of quid nowadays down your local PC World or (dare I say it) Comet."

I see this error as a bug that should be reported.

Lots of programs say you must have a sound card, but do NOT CRASH when they find that you do not have one. They just continue on, but do not output any sound. (Perfect example: Windows Vista, Quake, etc)

See if you can find something that is updated to this example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDMSound

Since I am sure you do not want to spend any more money

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 11:46
Quote: "I see this error as a bug that should be reported."

I disagree. TGC shouldn't have to clarify the specification just because 'Lots of programs say they won't work but will'. If it says 'Direct Sound compatible card required' then it means exactly that.

[center]
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 23:49
So if an application doesn't work correctly when you don't meet the requirements, it's a bug? LOL! Now I've heard it all.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:47:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:47:54