Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Your opinion on DarkBASIC Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

You may have seen me around the FPS Creator forums every now and then, i just need to ask, I got the "trial" version and it looks simple but i need to ask, from scratch, is it easy to learn DarkBASIC Pro? Even if I put lots of effort into it, is it at all hard to learn?

One day, I threw a potato... AND IT HIT THE CEILING, like, HOW AWESOME
BlobVanDam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 18:23
I think it depends on the person. Some people grasp programming quicker than others.
I find the best way to learn is to mess around with demos rather than start from scratch. Open a demo, play it a bit, think of a change you want to make, see what each line does, and learn how to modify it. You'll learn the basic style of programming plus start programming piece by piece. That's just my opinion.
Compared to other programming languages though, I'd rank DB Pro among the simplest to learn. It really doesn't take many commands to get the program to do something.
Good luck

Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I noticed that there is a DarkBASIC Pro Book available, is it good to buy even if you don't have the first one?

One day, I threw a potato... AND IT HIT THE CEILING, like, HOW AWESOME
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 17:49
i learned how to use most of dark basic pro and some plugins in about a month by using the help files and the forum. I suggest that you try and learn by using help files and forum before you start spending money on books.

HWT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 00:43
My opinion on DBPro in...
...one sentence: An excellent solution to a lack of a bridge between casual gamer/programmer and game making.

...one word: Outstanding.

...one smiley:

Hello World Tommorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:16