Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / mesh morphing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. How do I do morph targets? If there is an easy way already made or even something that I'd have to edit heavily, I want that. Otherwise, help me figure out what I have to change in a FVF 338 mesh. I want to be able to use blender to create the meshes and still retain animations. I "think" if I use the seperate mesh data I can re-attach it to the animations... but I dunno really.
calcyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 10:43
You can use vertexdata to transform an object in the most flexible way possible.

The optomist's right, The pessimist's right.
MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 09:53 Edited at: 15th Sep 2008 11:23
What elements of an FVF 338 do I need to change? Don't I have to do something with the normals in each vertex element or just move them in relation to the vertex positions? There are 36 bytes worth of data in each vertex element including the XYZ position, the Normal XYZ, Diffuse color, and UV coordinates. I've tried taking the average of each DWORD of the physical coordinates and normals but I get garbage... so I am changing the mesh but things that are not different in the mesh are changing. I'm probably asking something a bit more advanced than beginner level stuff. I just thought it wasn't advanced enough to ask in the other forums as my questions never get answered there. I thought they are just not advanced enough for the main DBPro forum. Then again maybe no one knows so they don't post a response. I don't expect everyone to respond with "Me no know!".

EDIT!
The answer was simple enough and I'm almost sorry for wasting space here. I was infact using Memblock DWORD when it should have been Memblock FLOAT. Thanks for responding anyway! Oh, and in fact I found out that I should interpolate each float except for the diffuse colors.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:25:15