Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / "Glow Job": Create your own levels and upload them for others to play!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 10:45
In my latest puzzle game, it is your job to make things glow - Therefore you have a Glow Job.

You have light sources which emit white light, and your job is to direct the light into the collectors to make them glow. The collectors can be one of seven colours: White, red, green, blue, cyan, magenta or yellow and with the use of splitters, mixers, colour changers and mirrors you must direct the correct coloured light into the correct coloured collector.

You can mix light to create new colours. For example: Mix a red and a blue light and you will get a magenta beam, red + green = yellow, etc.

The level designer is almost complete and since most of the work is calculating the paths of the light beam, once the designer is complete, the rest of the game will follow very quickly.

You can create your own levels and upload them to my website for others to play (I have this part working already!) I am also considering having an online high score chart too but I'm not sure how the scoring would work - level completion time perhaps?

You will see from the screen-shot below that when the light beams hit an object it looks a little odd - that is because most of the objects are place-holders, so until I get the complete models, I won't know how the light should fall onto them. If you feel you can help with the models, I have a thread requesting some in the 3D section.

The screen-shot is of the level designer. The main game will look almost the same, it is just the right side that will be different.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 11:16
lol great name
also looks prett cool
ill download it soon

Free Webhosting = http://unlhosting.info --Send support ticket to get ad free
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 16:39
Haha! That name is great, anyways, the game looks awesome. Probably going to download it soon if I get a hold on a Windows machine.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 19:37
Where is everyone downloading from???

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 20:07
Oh, I didn't realize there weren't any demo. Joke's on my I guess.

Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 21:13
the name...

"Create your own levels and upload them for others to play!"
What do you mean with this? Can we do that ingame and there's an ftp somewhere holding all levels?

Can the maps also be bigger?

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
looks great

Bonjour!, you cheese eating surrender monkeys!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 00:09
Quote: "Can we do that ingame and there's an ftp somewhere holding all levels"

What you would do is create a level and click the save button. You will then be asked for your name and to give your level a name. That will then be uploaded to my website without you having to do anything.
Each time you run the game it will check to see if any new files have been uploaded and if so, it will download them automatically ready for you to play (you can turn that off, so that it is not automatic).

Each level only takes up a few bytes, so even a 56k user (are there any left?) will have no problem downloading 100's of levels without noticing a delay.

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 06:02
This looks pretty nice (and the name sounds familiar though I can't remember where I've heard it)

I used to play RuneScape, I got the Quest Cape and one of the hardest quests was Mourning's Ends Part II and most of it was directing light to unlock doors and looked pretty similar to this!

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 08:39
That's really cool, I love games like this ^^. Plus the name is win xD.

I'll be downloading this when you provide the means for sure!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:27:30