Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Compiling Media Troubles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 04:18 Edited at: 18th Sep 2008 04:56
Hey everyone.

Now I'm sure this subject has be discussed to death, and then some,
And I have looked over the forums for my answer,nothing as far as I can tell, so I hope posting this is alright

I'm trying to include media such as images(JPEG,TGA, no larger than 512x512) and a couple models(.X format, again small)all in one .EXE file
I attempted to attach all the media via the Media add tab, compiled, and when I drag it to my desktop for testing, It says something like "Could not load image 2, at line 27" (Jpeg File)
As far as I can tell, everything should work, all the media has been added and is in the main project folder, It's as if the game does not add the media to the .EXE when I use the attacted media .EXE

Can anyone shed some light on this?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 15:12
Are you using the DBPro default IDE? Its a bit rubbish and I had problems with attached media because it insisted on saving the entire path of the file. e.g. "c:\program files\game\files\"

Where as what you need it to save is the just the last "files\"

I think I got round it by manually typing the paths in, or deleting the rest of it.

I've long since stopped using attached media tho.

Failing that, try Codesurge or one of the other IDE's available.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally figured it out thanks to =PRoF=.
Seem's DBP's IDE is too buggy to use the .exe with attached media.
I downloaded the CodeSurge IDE and everything works perfectly.
Thanks guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 20:24:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 20:24:32