Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Slow Frame Rates in FullScreen Exclusive Mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm doing something very simple, rotating a textured sphere on the screen, but the framereates are killing me!
Am I doing something wrong here?

Can't understand...when I run the same code in windowed mode, it runs around 200 FPS.

My hardware : GeForce2(Anihhilator Pro) 32MB
1Ghz Athlon ThunderBird
256MB RAM
to my knowledge, this should FLY!

Thanks
"I really don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be with sticks and stones"
- Albert Einstien
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 18:57
I think the problem is that in windowed mode it makes a window that is 640x480 pixels and runs the game normally, but if your screen mode is set to 800x600 or 1024x768 then in fullscreen mode it has to scale each pixel so it fits the entire screen perfectly, slowing it down...the best way to fix this would be to set your display mode to 640x480 or to use the command {Set Display Mode ScreenHeight#,ScreenWidth#,ColorDeapth#} and set all the values to the current window mode...well...i hope this helps...

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 20:13
Dude it's cos your using the sync off command that is a big no no it's evil DON'T use it!

Fang
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok guys,

Thanks...
lcfcfan : Gonna try changing the sync off to sync on...but in the manual it says otherwise(like I'm doing)

Game_Creator: gonna try it....

"I really don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be with sticks and stones"
- Albert Einstien
Fang
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok....
lcfcfan : You were right....don't know why but doing a sync on jumped from 35 FPS to 75 FPS....
Gonna look this up on the docs again...

Thanks

- Albert Einstien

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:21:27